• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bought then returned car and paid up last week(!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought then returned car and paid up last week(!)

Long story; we bought a car, not seen the car from the dealership but test drove another. Load of messing around with V5 forms and the like before we got the car, delivered. Owed some money from a part payment of the old HP agreement we had, but that was going onto the card on delivery day (27/8). Then became cheque, then was finally received today....

Wife hated the new car, high costs too. So I called up asking to return, if we could unwind etc. We traded in our old car and they took neg equity onto the agreement. No response and we ticked over to new reg month.

Anyway; after two in person visits to the garage, and countless emails, lack of replies and slow movers - I went in to resolve everything - they offered me £3,5k less than I paid for it too, then with negative equity etc, I had to settle up £5k to finish off - expensive 10 days...... They'd not be able to put the car back up at the price I paid etc etc. Another owner etc etc.

Anyway; once that is all sorted, I had confirmation on my way out that the finance would be settled that day and likely clear by Friday, but at the latest Monday. Paid my money on the card and departed, leaving the car, first payment comes out at the month end, so I was pleased that I'd managed to escape that.

They did mention that they'd try get the interest and associated costs back, and had hope they could do that given the short length of the agreement, and would speak to the area manager about it....

Wondered last night (as one does) that I'd not had any notification of clearance yet, and couldn't log in with my details online, so called up to check the situation; they haven't cleared the finance and nothing in the holding accounts with the finance company either.

Checking online, the car is back up for sale! At the price I paid too.

That aside; what's the situation? Finance co told me they may be waiting until the settlement figure expires (6th Oct) but even then - that's not right? Is it?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X