• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HMRC Field Force - LTD Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMRC Field Force - LTD Company

Hi there,
    Apologies if I am posting in the wrong place. I am hoping someone may be able to give some advise regarding a Ltd Company HMRC Debt for Corporation Tax.
    For various reasons our Company has been unable to clear its Corporation Tax bill in full. We asked for a Time to Pay arrangement which was refused by HMRC. In spite of this, we have made regular payments towards this debt, the amounts each month have differed, but we are slowly making a dent in the debt, but not as much as we would have hoped.
    The Registered Address of the Business is not our home address. Earlier this week, we received a visit to our house from HMRC Field Force. No ID was shown, but without introducing themselves or showing any ID began to ask me questions about my husband, his whereabouts and the business. I explained that he was not in country at the moment, working away and they asked information regarding other directors etc. They then told me they were HMRC but neglected to show any ID . As no ID was shown to me I refused to answer any further questions and went inside. The person returned to their car parked opposite the house and watched for the house for some time. They then returned on two more occasions and knocked on the door, I did not open it. They then hand delivered a Warning of Enforcement Action through the letterbox.
    I called my Accountant who stated that as the business was not registered at that address, they should not be visiting our home and suggested I write a letter as such advising them of this and directing them to the Registered office if they felt the need to return and also advise them that there were no company assets at the home address , whilst acknowledging the debt and our intentions to pay.This was done and sent Special Delivery and was received by them the following day.
    Today whilst I was out at work I received a call from my daughter, advsing me that someone was outside the house, constantly knocking very loudly and walking up and down outside the house and looking through windows. She was scared so stayed inside and didnt answer the door. she said they then sat in their car for approx 30 mins before posting a letter through the door and driving away.
    The letter today was another Warning of Enforcement Action, mentioning the previous reminder, stating that we had made no contact with the, and once more threatening Taking Control of Goods Enforcement Action.
    We have no assets at the home address, and the cars are not in the Company name.
    My question after this long winded explanation is, if the company is not registered at this address, can they legally come to our home address demanding action and force their way into our home and try and sell our personal goods to settle a Limited Company Debt ?
    I am wondering if you have any advise on my next move here. The Company does not have the money to pay the debt in full at this stage , but I have made a payment this week in between the two visits from them.
    We are meeting with our Accountant in approx 10 days to discuss options but I am concerned I will continue to receive visits int he mean time.
    I understand from my husband that he has called the number of the Field Force Collector today but they didnt pick up.
    Many Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X