• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA request for card taken out in late 1980's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA request for card taken out in late 1980's

Originally posted by sidley View Post
    Thanks Charity,

but why "..bringing of proceedings.." if it can go no further? Why start something - esp. when court claims costs money - when you know that it can't go any further?

thanks

sidley
    Lol!

You'd have to ask the learned judges. (The Rt. Hon. Lord Justice Flaux is now at the Court of Appeal, & I think HHJ Brown has retired).
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by sidley View Post
      Thanks Charity,

but why "..bringing of proceedings.." if it can go no further? Why start something - esp. when court claims costs money - when you know that it can't go any further?

thanks

sidley
      Because a large number of claims go undefended and end up with a default judgement or people settle /start repayment plans because they either do not know how to defend or find it too much of a strain.

Comment

Thanks Charity & Warwick,

So they bring proceedings just to try to grind you down, probably saying they'll be able to find the CCA eventually.

BTW. A friend of mine, who used to work in a big bank branch, told me that all the applications/ agreements were thrown into a big box and every so often someone would come to pick it up and take it to a warehouse (no records were made off this). So, if there was a customer query or the customer had lost the agreement and wanted a copy, then they were told to fob him/her off as it would be virtually impossible to find it. Most were scanned by junior staff before being archived, but there enthusiasm for doing this task often ended up with v. poor quality copies. He said they often scanned the first page (name address etc) and the page with the signature on it, but didn't scan the whole agreement with the T&C's on them.

anyway thanks for your help and advice.

cheers
        sidley

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X