• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Proving a fault in section 75 credit card claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proving a fault in section 75 credit card claims

Hello,

ive been attempting to apply for credit card refund on a faulty camera - the camera was only used very briefly before being put in ( safe!) storage with family for a year - the camera was playing up before but I presumed it was an old battery I was using causing the issue. Ive been, after weeks and weeks of handing the credit card company anything they asked for turned down ( the company has gone into liquidation thus the credit card claim) - ive been told that I haven't proven beyond doubt that the camera 'was faulty at the point of purchase'

The thing is I sent the camera off for an independent report as requested - the report states its an internal electronic fault - to me this proves it is not as a result of damage, the people who did the report say the same. Am I misunderstanding the Law here? if a person cannot prove a fault via an independent report then surely its impossible to make a section 75 claim after 6 months? there is no alternative way to prove it - I feel after getting a report that obviously sides with me the credit cad company are deliberately being difficult. Does it even HAVE to be a fault at purchase rather than developing one later?

Would really appreciate some advice....
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X