• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with secured loan problems.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with secured loan problems.

Hi all,

i hope i am posting in the right place. I have been doing lots of reading recently to try and find help with my welcome finance secured loan problem and hope I've come to the right place.

Me and my now ex partner took out a secured loan on our property about nine years ago now, after separating I fell into financial difficulties and the loan has been in arrears for several years and has been passed to various dca's. I make a minimum monthly payment but I have never had any legal action taking and the loan is not on my credit report. No defaults registered against me.

I tried to remortgage recently and got declined due to having a secured loan with a dca, the mortgage advisor was confused as to why welcome hadn't tried legally to collect the debt which got me thinking that something isn't right with this loan.

I requested a cca and a sar and have come up with the following

we took our mortgage out in October 2006 using a 125% mortgage, the secured loan was taken out six months later, wf valued the property based on another property in the street that is much bigger than ours. Surely they should of known it was in negative equity? And a property search would have shown how much we had just bought the property for.

We recieved no cooling off period from what I can see.

We never spoke to anyone from wf during the application, no phone calls or branch visits, everything was done by post, for a 15k secured loan this seems odd. Is this irresponsible lending?

based on the above should I make a complaint? I am not looking to have the debt written off by any means but at best would like it transferred to a personal loan to allow me to remortgage. Has anyone ever managed to get a secured loan changed to a personal loan?

Apologies for for the long post and thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X