• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Akinika - NHS

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Akinika - NHS

Originally posted by enaid View Post
    All paid (hopefully, less they dig something else up) paid NHS direct as I refused to deal with a DCA, especially one not having brill reviews.
    Spoke too bloody soon.
    Another dropped through the post yesterday addressed correctly, this one has a little twist though so have yet to see how it pans out.
    OH went to dentist in August with a tooth abscess. Dentist gave antibiotics as is normal, now on this visit he would have ticked the box as it was before we had heard about the other fines and before his 65th birthday so he was still on ESA. He went back and the dentist tried to save the tooth and said give it a few weeks. This he did and he had to go back and have it taken out as it was a mess.
    So this, as I think anyway is all one treatment and you pay at the end of the treatment, OH paid as he was by this time an OAP and knew he had to pay.
    This is the one that we received yesterday £53.90 plus £100 fine. I rang the dentist she confirmed he'd paid and is going to get back to me Monday as it may be a mistake.

Comment

What a bloody mess.

Comment

Dental practice manager is off sick so she cant help, I rang NHSBS and have emailed them a copy of the receipt for the treatment (good job we kept it). Needed to get this off our backs as am sick and tired of bovver lol.
        The chap was quite nice about it and told me this happens quite a bit as dentists send in the forms by mistake.
        So me bitter and twisted mind thinks , well maybe they do and maybe some don't, what if some naughty dentist tick the box and gets paid twice for the treatment or attempts to get paid twice. Just thinking lol
        :beagle:

Comment

Dear Mr Enaid

Thank you for your recent email.
          In view of the information now provided by you and your dentist we are withdrawing our request for payment and this matter is now closed as no monies are owed.
          Your co-operation in this matter is appreciated.

If we can be of any further assistance then please feel free to contact us again

Kind regards

Ken Burnett
          Administrator
          NHS Dental Debt Recovery Team
          Email:debtrecovery@dpb.nhs.uk
          Helpdesk: 0300 330 1368

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X