• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paypal Negative Balance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal Negative Balance

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some advice. I already posted my issue in another subforum, but posting it here as I didn't get a response for a few days.

I was doing some drop shipping with someone over the course of 5 months or so, which was going ok, there were a few chargebacks but they always paid those back to me. What they would also do occasionally is ask me to receive some payments into my paypal and send them over in bitcoins. I can buy bitcoins easily so it wasn't a problem for me, I always could keep some commission.

Then a few months ago I had some trouble with my ebay (related to the drop shipping too), so my ebay account was suspended. The guys I was drop shipping with continued to buy bitcoins from me, with me receiving the payments directly, it went fine for a few weeks. Then they asked me to receive a bunch of payments, totaling around £250, I agreed, withdrew the money, bought bitcoins and sent it to them.

A a couple of weeks later most of the payments were charged back. I didn't know what the payments were for, how to deal with them, so I just accepted the refund without disputing, bringing my paypal balance into negative. I kept trying to contact the guy I sent the money to, but he just disappeared, never replied, blocked me in the end.

A few months and some "restore your balance" emails from paypal later, I got an email from a company called Arvato, trying to contact me about the paypal debt. I replied to that explaining I was scammed, currently don't have a way of paying, but will settle it when I can. I first got another email just saying to call them, then a reply to my email just asking me to confirm all my details. And a few days ago I got a letter by post telling me I have 14 days to respond before it goes to court.

What would be the best way to deal with this situation?

I'd much appreciate your advice.
    Tags: None

Re: Paypal Negative Balance

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] Do you know what I should do? I don't have the details of the person who scammed me, so I don't think the money is recoverable from them. I don't have the money to pay it back right now, so I'm not sure whether I should let them take me to court, or best thing should be for me to borrow the money from my friends to cover it, or because I was scammed I have some kind of a recourse I don't know about?

Comment

Contact them to set up a payment plan they will not worry about you saying you have been scammed that's your fault if you don't pay they may well take you to court that incurs fees and costs
      Last edited by wales01man; 7th September 2016, 09:18:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Uh, ok thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X