• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

IanCognito v Co-op and Smile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IanCognito v Co-op and Smile

I had a letter from the co-op asking me to contact them about my overdraft at the beginning of September last year, overdraft? I hadn't used the account for 2 years, no statements, nothing. Working just over the road from their (very luxurious) Balloon Street Head Office so popped into the branch for a 'chat'

Turns out I owed them over £3k!!!!!

During our chat they offered me a loan to repay these amounts, then they came back and said my request had been declined

Came home, straight on the internet and found I could reclaim them - thought my birthday had come early.

Had a lot of my earlier statements but not the recent ones so took my SAR into the branch next day and asked for a receipt - was asked if I didn't trust them (made me laugh anyway).

Got both sets of statements seperately well within the 40 days, sent my prelim letters - got a cheque of Smile and a letter saying the co-op were looking into my complaint within 14 days.

Sent LBA to Co-op, received cheque and very apologetic letter within 14 days.

If you're reading this because you're wondering if you could possibly claim your charges back from the Co-op, I heartily recommend you go for it!!!

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X