• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can my aunt demand this money from my mums estate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can my aunt demand this money from my mums estate?

They were both my grandads daughters. I think the gift was either 2009 or 10.
    Im sure my grandad had a will as there was a discussion once between my mum/aunt about how theyd had to find two people to sign it as his children couldnt sign it as they were beneficiaries.

Comment

Well if that gift was in the last 7 years there may be IHT to pay.
      Before you speak to your solicitor tomorrow, write a list of all your queries so you don't forget anything, and I hope he can put your mind to rest.
      However you can always come back here if you want further explanations or support

Comment

Thank you everyone, you've really helped put my mind at rest. Off to see the solicitor today so fingers crossed....

Comment

Sorry took ages to come back.
          My solicitor has written to her requesting a copy of my grandads will and any evidence she has to support her claim.
          I have also managed to figure out it was actually April/May 2009 so more than 7 years ago.

Comment

So have you searched for a will/probate using that new date?

Comment

The dates for probate are still the same, 2009 is when the gift was given.
              There is still no result on the probate search.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X