• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ready to face this... lots of advice needed please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to face this... lots of advice needed please.

Hello all, Around 12 months ago, you guys were very helpful in me successfully defending a threat from Cabot on an agreement they were trying to push through county court. As predicted they had no cca paperwork and they were forced to retract. so once again thank you.

Unfortunately this isn't the only defaulted agreement that appears to be in my name following my marriage breakdown.... I've buried my head in the sand for far too long regarding tackling this situation but i finally feel ready to face my situation head on but I'm hoping i can lean on you guys to lead me through the minefield and help stop me from making any mistakes.

I'm sorry for the basic nature of some of these questions i have searched the forums before posting...

so, in 2009 a DMP was entered into which ran until late 2011 when i was made redundant, obviously the DMP fell by the wayside and it appears any outstanding agreements have since been passed to scumbag agencies

firstly...

When i do a credit search a, who is best to use? and b, will this flag with my creditors?

Secondly,

What now happens to the defeated claim from Cabot? do i just have to wait till it goes Statute Barred? I'm also wondering this because I'm past the 5 year mark since the DMP went t**s up so are they likely to push through CCJ's on the other agreements ?

Thirdly,

What is the thought process regarding PPI claims on defaulted agreements? I'm NOT looking to profit from any monies (if any) awarded but i could use this for a final settlement, or am i best to let sleeping dogs lie? and sit it out until the 6 year Statue period has passed?

And finally,

Cabot have sent a Fidelity agent to pay a visit to my property, i have a copy of the standard "appointment" letter to send off if i feel they are going to be persistent but would that be classed as acknowledgement and reset the clock on the statute period?

Sorry for the long post, its taken me a long time to even get this in my thought process let alone commit it onto a page!
    Tags: None

Re: Ready to face this... lots of advice needed please.

bumping to see if anyone can offer some advice?

Comment

Where are you based?

As to credit search, Noddle is free. Some others offer free 30-day trials but if your forget about cancelling it you'll be roped into a monthly payment whether you need their services or not!

IMO, I would not touch anything to do with PPI until accounts SB'd.

Who is Fidelity? Whoever they are. don't let them or anyone from Cabot into your home and do NOT telephone either of them!

When was the last payment to any of your accounts? As to the defeated Cabot one, just let it run to SB.

Comment

Thank you.... I'm based in the Midlands, it's fidelite not fidelity! Damn autocorrect!! I'll do the credit report with noddle and check the recorded default dates...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X