• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination Ford Focus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voluntary Termination Ford Focus

Hi [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]

Just had my car collected. Refused to sign any paperwork, I will attach paperwork they left me just to have your thoughts on the charge. How he marked everything in fair is beyond me as it looks brand new. I have photos anyway! My excess mileage charge works out to c.£550 plus the pro rats charge which I don't want to pay as I would've submitted my VT letter the day before my last installmennt. I think this is unreasonable.

Regards James

- - - Updated - - -
    [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] document link here.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/6exfu21jj2...%20pm.pdf?dl=0

Comment

Hi [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] (sorry for another message, I am keen to respond to Ford to move things on)

@cathysl

Received this letter from ford today asking for money. They don't even say what they are charging for ?! Just asking for £720.44. Wondering what sort of reply I can give back to them as I would've thought they could've at least explained what they want money for lol. No one in their right mind would cough up money without knowing what they're paying for.

Look forward to hearing from you!

James

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ea069dwjgw...%20pm.pdf?dl=0

@R0b @cathysl
      Last edited by jcs995; 3rd October 2016, 11:57:AM. Reason: updating info

Comment

[MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] hi, appreciate you deal with lots of different threads on here, and you may of missed this one. Would you be so kind to share your thoughts in the letter attached via drop box link from Ford as not too sure how to respond. Thanks, James

Comment

Hi James,

Sorry I have taken a look, standard bumpf really, up to you whether you want to pay or not. If you don't, then I would suggest you retain all copies of correspondence and any notes of conversations that took place over the telephone in case Link Financial do something at some point. There is a limitation period of 6 years and I would suggest you keep the correspondence for at least this amount of time, or store it online up to you.

Link Financial are a debt purchasing company so its likely this will be bought in bulk by them so they may not exactly start threatening you in the following weeks after Ford choose to assign it. The most important thing to keep is a copy of your contract as that is crucial.

You could in theory take matters into your own hands and ask for a declaration by the court that the amount they are claiming is unenforceable but that means it is going to cost you money to do this.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] sorry to pester you. As they haven't explained what they actually want £720 for in their letter what would you recommend - replying asking for a breakdown or ignoring it.

Comment

Up to you, don't think it will make much of a difference though if you don't pay them. If they haven't given a breakdown of those costs then you can use that to your advantage at a later date.

So in other words, you can ask or you can ignore.
              If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER
              Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi there,
                I'm currently in the process or voluntarily terminating my Ford PCP. Must say, they do drag things out, I expected them to want the car back ASAP to stop it devaluing even further.
                Was wondering if you could maybe advise what you done with you V5, does the collection agent take this or do I deal with this seperatley, who is the new owner?
                Thanks!
                Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew [MENTION=92661]amacleod93[/MENTION]

Firstly I changed the legal owner online via dvla gov.uk site to Ford Credit Europe. Address is 1 Tony Wilson place Manchester something like that. when they finally collected it the agent filled the paper V5 in and gave me the slip to send off to DVLA. Don't worry about doing anything to paper document till he arrives. And to be honest ford also say "the vehicle has to be in their name before they collect" that's a load of rubbish too as they put car on truck and agent didn't even check. Any questions feel free to ask. As I'm sure you have already read this thread it probably gives a good example of what you should expect to come! I'm a few steps ahead so any questions let me know. Cheers James

Comment

Thanks for the info, appreciated!
                    Yeah, obviously the finance are getting a "raw deal" from the VT, well they are in my car since the finance is more than the car is worth hence the VT, but wish they got it over and done with ASAP. I too have a new car and my Fiesta is becoming a bit of a pain. I post my letter recorded on the 28th September, didn't get delivered till 30th, however Ford are adamant it was delivered on the 3rd. Phoned today to speak with a rather unhelpful person who said you usually get a call three days after we receive your letter, that's all I can tell you..... very helpful. So here hopes tomorrow brings a phone call and collection date!

Comment

[MENTION=92661]amacleod93[/MENTION]

I know you wanna do everything ASAP though try record calls if you can mate and get proof of postage for letters you send.

Cheers James

Comment

I received a letter from Ford end of last week saying they passed all responsibility to Link Financial, then today received a letter saying bailiffs will be coming to seize goods to cover value of the debt if I don't pay £720.44 in 7 days...
                        The only thing is, when Ford asked for £720.44 they failed to mention what that sum of money was actually for, they just said you now owe £720.44 please pay before 28th October.

Some advice now would be grateful.
                        cheers, James

Comment

Hi James,

If you could post up the letter, personal info removed so I can take a look that would be great
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

please see link for letter. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlomsbzk1c...41622.pdf?dl=0

thank you.
                            Last edited by jcs995; 14th November 2016, 16:56:PM.

Comment

So they haven't actually said that they will send bailiffs if payment is in the next 7 days but suggested a range of methods available to them. Technically speaking they can't instruct bailiffs without first obtaining a CCJ against you, so that is actually misleading.

Few things I have spotted which is incorrect too (though it is a standard template letter):

1. The agreement is already terminated by you on so they cannot themselves terminate the agreement.

2. As you have pointed out, there is no breakdown of the sums owed and what it is for. Therefore you need to know the amount, and they are under an obligation under FCA rules to give certain information about the debt. If they fail to do so then that is grounds potentially as an unfair relationship under the CCA.

3. they seem to be suggesting an administration fee, I would also dispute this and ask what legal right they have to charge for this but also the meaning of "administration fee" is so vague that you could argue it is unenforceable.

So, the question is what would you like to do? Defend it or pay up? Have you also checked your credit file to see if there is any default markers on there?
                              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION],

thank you for coming back.

At this moment in time I want to defend it, and wish to propose a response requesting a breakdown of the amount owed. a draft is as follows but no doubt will need tweaking: and No I haven't checked, if it has been marked what should I do?

I am writing in response to the letter received from Ford Credit on 1st October regarding the Voluntary Termination of the vehicle mentioned above, which I understand is now being dealt with by you, Asset Link Capital.
                                Please note that the agreement has already been terminated.
                                Ford Credit requested a liability of £720.44 to be paid by 28th October, although fail to mention why and what the liability is for.
                                I therefore request a breakdown of the liability is provided before payment is considered.
                                With reference to the “administration fee” you say you will charge, what legal rights do you have to charge for this?

thanks again [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X