• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Currys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currys

Ordered a fridge-freezer from Currys and paid extra for my old fridge to be taken away but on delivery was told that they would have to come back later to collect it or it would be tomorrow. Waited at home for the next 7 hours but no one returned. Waited in all of the next day missing a shift at work and losing money but no one called round. Contacted Currys who offered me £10 but with no collection, no full refund or apology! Clear breach of contract in my opinion. Continued on until I exhausted the complaints procedure and then contacted the CEO by email which was a total waste of time. During this time my fridge freezer remained in the front driveway causing understandable complaints from neighbours and probably in breach of disposal regs. Paid another company to remove the fridge and continued to complain to Currys to re-claim my costs. Their attitude was we don't care. I feel that the Court route was my only option but I am caring for an 86 year old dementia suffer and working full time so I could do without this.
    It's outrageous that Currys should put me in this position and force customers to court to resolve simple customer service issues.
    I think that any potential customers of Currys should be aware of how they may be treated.
    Tags: None

Re: Currys

Hi Epic

Seems like a slam-dunk breach of contract to me.
    [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] & [MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION] .............any suggestions?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Just to check, this is the service you paid for, following your order of a new fridge freezer ?

Originally posted by currys website
      From £15

Originally posted by currys website
      When we deliver to your home, we’ll take your old product away for recycling, plus any packaging. This includes:
      • Washing machines,
      • Washer dryers,
      • Tumble dryers,
      • Fridges or freezers,

• TVs over 39",
      • Dishwashers,
      • Cookers,
      • Hoods and hobs.

Please note: If your product is being delivered directly by the manufacturer, recycling is available for replacement products only; i.e. an old fridge freezer will be taken away if you’re having a new fridge freezer delivered.
      Just went through purchase proces and you have to add it to your cart separately - no specific terms other than it must be unplugged and defrosted (if a freezer)

Removed & recycled when we deliver
      To save you the hassle we'll take away and recycle your old large kitchen appliance or TV, along with any packaging when we deliver your new one. Please note that you’ll need to disconnect your old product before we arrive unless you’ve purchased installation with us.

Just add recycling to your order at the checkout.
      and cost in my postcode was £20.

Recycling
      Why us
      Remove and recycle your old product £20.00
      So yes, service not provided = breach of contract.

Due to breach of contract costs have been incurred ( more hours off work + replacement service ) plus refund for service due.

See what [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] & [MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION] think xxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes, paid for when ordered online.

Comment

Just had a chat on live chat with Currys - and he reckons it's easy
          James: Oh, I see. If the item was not recycled, you can just ring our service team on 0344 561 1234 and they can process the refund for you.
          but I'm guessing you did that and got nowhere... ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Only made one initial phone call then everything was by email and letter. I'm just so angry that Currys think it's ok to treat people this way, even when I went to the top they were not interested.

Comment

Can you send the knowhow twitter account your order reference number [MENTION=68995]Epic[/MENTION] please. Think you've got their attention
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes, will send but going to work now.
                Thank you for the replies and your time, it is very much appreciated.

Comment

No worries xx Des and R0b will have better, more formal, ideas later, I was just in the mood for hassling a big company on twitter lol xxxx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    No worries xx Des and R0b will have better, more formal, ideas later, I was just in the mood for hassling a big company on twitter lol xxxx
                    Lol!
                    Bully! :taunt: :bolt:
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      I was just in the mood for hassling a big company on twitter lol xxxx
                      In which case how about posting on Currys Facebook page too

https://en-gb.facebook.com/curryspcwcomplaints/

Di

Comment

Hi
                        I just wrote a post here, clicked the appropriate button and it disappeared!
                        Start again lol

IMO you have , as already stated, a clear breach of contract.
                        The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you clear remedies.
                        This is a service contract to which Chapter 4 applies.
                        Currys have failed to perform so you have rights to enforce (sec 54)
                        Remedies listed include a) claiming damages
                        b) recovering money paid
                        c) having contract performed

IMO you should write (signed for) to Currys either claiming a refund or insisting on collection of item.
                        Additionally you claim damages (ie you list the costs you have been put to such as lost wages) and request reimbursement, all as per your rights as bestowed by CRA 2015.
                        You give them 14 days to make a satisfactory response or you will initiate court proceedings without further reference

I think you have been more than reasonable, so don't allow them to get away with such bad service.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                          Hi
                          I just wrote a post here, clicked the appropriate button and it disappeared!
                          Start again lol

IMO you have , as already stated, a clear breach of contract.
                          The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you clear remedies.
                          This is a service contract to which Chapter 4 applies.
                          Currys have failed to perform so you have rights to enforce (sec 54)
                          Remedies listed include a) claiming damages
                          b) recovering money paid
                          c) having contract performed

IMO you should write (signed for) to Currys either claiming a refund or insisting on collection of item.
                          Additionally you claim damages (ie you list the costs you have been put to such as lost wages) and request reimbursement, all as per your rights as bestowed by CRA 2015.
                          You give them 14 days to make a satisfactory response or you will initiate court proceedings without further reference

I think you have been more than reasonable, so don't allow them to get away with such bad service.
                          Is being off work entirely necessary? Not entirely sure you'll get far claiming lost wages I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by CLL1 View Post
                            Is being off work entirely necessary? Not entirely sure you'll get far claiming lost wages I'm afraid.
                            You are entitled to claim damages.
                            Currys said returning next day
                            OP suggests they had to remain home (to allow removers access to house?) and so lost wages.

It might be argued the loss was too remote, but if you don't claim it, you won't be paid it.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                              You are entitled to claim damages.
                              Currys said returning next day
                              OP suggests they had to remain home (to allow removers access to house?) and so lost wages.

It might be argued the loss was too remote, but if you don't claim it, you won't be paid it.
                              You can claim for damages, yes, but won't get them if they're too remote. Suggesting otherwise is misleading and requesting them is a waste of time.

OP says item was left at end of drive, so access to house not required.

Honestly, there's zero chance of claiming loss of wages, so don't.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X