• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Help!! Company claiming I have been overpaid!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help!! Company claiming I have been overpaid!!

Morning all!! Is the best option still to write a letter to them?? I don't want it to look like I'm admitting guilt by doing so....

Comment

Also I didn't really want to name the company so I thought I'd post this link to help you understand how big the company is..
      http://www.supplychaindigital.com/to...ping-Companies
      The company is 1 of the top 3 highest ranked..

Comment

I have now received another letter from a company called weightmans saying they are instructed to recover the outstanding money..

Comment

The letter that Marie told me to write has been sitting on my kitchen worktop, do I now send it to my previous company or debt collectors?

Comment

I wouldn't have any contact with Weightmans for now.
            You could send copies of this, by recorded delivery, to Payroll, HR and any other department that you think might have any dealings with this issue.

On 26th August I received a letter from you stating that I had been overpaid holiday pay, requesting a payment within 7 days.
            While I concede that I took more holiday that had been accrued by 1st July I believe that it was less than the 7.09 days you claim.
            When I took the holidays I was paid the usual amount of holiday pay. So, there was no overpayment.

According to s.14(4) of the Working Time Regulations 1998 you can lawfully demand payment for overtaken holidays only if you have a relevant written agreement authorising you to do so.

After I left your employment I disposed of the contractual documents. Your letter didn't contain any authorisation for your claim, so I don't currently know whether a written agreement specifying that you can reclaim payments made for unaccrued holiday exists.
            If you do have such a signed relevant agreement, please send me a copy so that I can take further advice.

Also, I have received a letter from Weightmans that suggests that they will be acting for you in this matter. I would prefer not to deal with them unless or until I know whether there is a potentially valid claim. Therefore, if you have already transferred all the documents to them could you please instruct them to send a copy of any relevant agreement to me.

Comment

I have just received a letter from weightmans with my contract.....can you please help me with the next step/s?

Comment

OK, can you quote exactly what your contract says in the holiday section and if there is a section in your contract that mentions overpayments/debts etc. quote the whole of that too.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X