• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used car rejection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Used car rejection

If he doesn't accept the letter you initiate court proceedings without more ado.

The "company" you bought the car off doesn't exist as a legal entity.
    You purchased the car from "Mr X xxxx t/a Stapleford Cars, Nottingham"

Comment

Brief explanation consumer rights; THE CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015

Buyers’ remedies in respect of faulty goods have also been altered. Section 22 of the Act fixes a time period of 30 days within which a consumer may reject faulty goods. This ‘short term right to reject’ will provide greater certainty than the existing law, but it is complemented by additional remedies which include a ‘final right to reject’ once other remedies are exhausted. Sections 20 to 24 of the Act create this tiered system of remedies in respect of faulty goods. In essence, if a consumer does not reject faulty goods within the 30 day period, he or she may still require that the goods be repaired or replaced. If the goods are still faulty after repair or replacement, the consumer is then entitled to a higher tier of remedy, such as a price reduction or refund.

Comment

Ok thank you.

Regarding the director that we've found. I'm pretty positive he's also the director of Stapleford Cars. Would contacting his local council enable us to find out whether he's the man I need to address any correspondence to?

His name is Sirforaz Sharif if you're able to access something that I can't?

Comment

As Stapleford cars is not a company,you need to identify the owner.
          Ask around other dealers if they know who is behind S. Cars
          Is SS the person you dealt with? If so is he (one of) the owner(s).

192.com seem to have info about him:http://www.192.com/atoz/people/shari...g3/2781766371/
          There is a charge to access full info!

Comment

Ok I will ask a few around the area tomorrow. I have found a few addresses for him in the Nottingham area. But wouldn't know where to start.

I didn't deal with SS. I dealt with a salesman, who was always on the phone to a guy he referred to as Adam when I asked questions regarding the vehicle.

Comment

He's a director of 3 companies; Ideal Car Limited, Autoselect Limited, and Motorplus Notts Limited.

Ideal Car Limited has just him as director;
              Autoselect Limited has a Strike-off application registered against it; and,
              Motorplud Notts Limited is dissolved.

Comment

So I've rang a few companies in the area today. Seems like it's a very private business, no one seems to know anything.

I spoke to a MOT station and he told me that they don't use him for MOTs or anything, which he thought was a bit strange as he's literally across the road. He did mention that an Asian man definitely owns the company.

After finding this snippet of information I asked a friend to phone Stapleford Cars and ask for Mr Sharif. The person on the phone said that he wasn't available at the moment but he could speak to him about anything that he needed. My friend then said 'so you can talk about his finances?' The person replied yes, my friend then asked their name. After asking for their name the phone was put down.

Can I take this as proof that Mr Sharif does in fact own Stapleford Cars?

Comment

I'll see what I can find out tomorrow.

In the meantime await a response to your letter.
                  Have you yet heard from the credit card ... they were sending you forms?

Comment

Haven't had anything off them. I will chase them tomorrow as I'd expect they should have been with me by now.

I really appreciate your help in this matter. Thank you very much for your time

Comment

By the way, don't get too downhearted as Companies Act 2006 Part 41, chap 2 sec 1200-1206 requires a sole trader include those details on invoices etc.. (eg name and address) necessary to identify him and serve papers
                      Also has to supply those details on demand
                      Failure is a criminal offence!

See what response comes to the letter.

Comment

Hello any updates to this

Comment

Originally posted by Localtrader View Post
                          Hello any updates to this

Sorry I should have replied to your pm. But quite frankly you seem to be lying.

Reason being, if it had happened to you before you wouldn't be so mystical when trying to tell me that I've got the wrong person, whilst not giving me the right persons name.

For someone to then come back and post onto the forum because they didn't get a reply rings big alarm bells. Why are you so interested in this matter?

Comment

I have suggested elsewhere that if localtrader has a problem (he has posted for updates on 3 threads) he starts his own thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X