• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Drafting Letter of Authority

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drafting Letter of Authority

I am trying to draft a letter of authority to enable me to deal with Land reg, HMRC, and instruct lawyers on behalf of a friend who lives abroad.
    What kind of contents do i need to put in it.
    Is there any website I can go on to get free template letters in the UK.
    Most website are American based.
    Tags: None

Re: Drafting Letter of Authority

It doesn't need to be extensive something along the lines of "I [FULL NAME] of [ADDRESS] hereby authorise [PERSON] to act on my behalf and/or provide information as is necessary".

Have your friend sign and date it and it might be worth including the contact number in case the relevant business or authority wishes to verify the matter with your friend.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I wonder if it is worth getting it witnessed.

Comment

Do i need it to be witnessed

Comment

Doesn't need to be witnessed but it might be difficult for a one letter fits all if there are certain stipulations required by certain authorities. For example, I don't know if HMRC has a specific document that needs to be filled in to authorise third parties to deal with another's account.

Equally, if you are dealing with your friend's accounts or information then you will potentially be liable for your actions if something goes wrong or you do something wrong. Things such as confidential information must be kept and that can include your friend's finances or personal information should not be disclosed to third parties unless consent has been given.

If your friend is out of the country there is a likely possibility than authorities will probably want to contact your friend so leaving a number will help to pre-empt this.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X