• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Paid Twice online with Barking and Dagenham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCN Paid Twice online with Barking and Dagenham

Attached the PCN and letter from AVIS
    Attached Files

Comment

So you received a PCN. (presumably stuck to windscreen) on 1st June which you paid promptly
      The council have now issued a "notice to owner" about another PCN issued on the same day about which you know nothing.
      Was there no notice fixed to the car?
      In any event on 5th August you paid £80 you thought was due, but the following day on line it showed £120 as due.
      This is possibly because the council were working on the basis of a charge notice fixed to the car on Ist June needing to be paid by the end of June.

Do the details on the notice received from Avis seem correct to you?
      Could you have been in Somerby Road at 19.37 hours on 1st June, and if so were you actually parked there, or had you just stopped e.g. to read what the parking retrictions were?
      You might be able to challenge the ticket on the basis it does not show a period of parking, and also ask for photographic proof of the "offence".

Be aware I am speculating as full details are not yet evident

Comment

Im thinking to challenge the PCN now I have the details, on the grounds that
        A. I have paid it already at £80 ( which was refunded) and again at £120, which is not yet refunded.
        B. I never received the ticket stuck on the windscreen of the hire car or the PCN at my address.
        C. I'd received a PCN (Different PCN number)at the same location on the same date, notice was stuck to the windscreen which has been paid.
        I would say that I had parked there as I had a PCN on the 1st June stuck to the windscreen of the car which I paid on 2nd June, I never received a second notice stuck to windscreen of the car.
        It is where I reside and on the odd occasion I have forgotten to display the scratch card parking permit and may have popped in doors to get the permit to display in the car.

Comment

Good luck

So you were given 2 PCNs for the one "offence"?

Comment

Yes the PCN from 1st June, which I paid on the 2nd of June was for failing to display a permit on Somerby road around the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is as the NTO is still with AVIS should I challenge the PCN. Or leave it as AVIS problem and just try and get the refund of £120 from Barking and Dagenham

Comment

Neither are going to be co operative.
              I woud go primarily via the council's CEO, on the basis of two PCNs for one offence.
              You paid one PCN on 2nd June.
              You paid 2nd PCN twice, once at £80 and then at £120, simply to avoid escalation of problem.
              You've had refund of £80 and now require refund of £120

Keep it simple, and spell out what has happened chronologically, in much the same way as writing a witness statement

Comment

Ok, Ive issued the email yesterday to the CEO, but not yet received a response. Would a response be guaranteed or could he choose to ignore my email?

Comment

He's probably (hopefully) passed it down the line and you should receive a response from one of the senior minions

Comment

OK, a quick update Ive an email from an appeal officer stating that the case is now closed and they've agreed that an overpayment of £80 was made and refunded and should be with me in 5 days, which may not be correct, unless they are refunding an additional £80 to the £80 refund I received earlier this week. I have emailed back with proof of both payments, which shows the dates and amounts, to make sure he understood which amount was overpaid.
                    Having reviewed the evidence of the PCN, I can see that I had entered the day, month and year and forgot the registration on the scratch card and a PCN was stuck to the windscreen at 19.38 on 1st June, which was not there the next day. Checking the evidence of the earlier PCN which I had paid at 14.17 on 2nd June it was issued in the exact same location at 10.11 am, for the same offense, but the following day. Which has been paid.
                    Last edited by Lennyv; 17th August 2016, 14:21:PM. Reason: Date correction

Comment

The appeal officer advised this morning that another £80 will be refunded in the next 5 days, which means I would have paid £40 for the said offense, should I push for the full refund?
                      AVIS has yet to reply to my queries on a copy of the representation of the NTO, once I get a reply I will keep you all posted.

Comment

Why not?
                        Doesn't ask, doesn't get!

Comment

Appeal officer from Barking and Dagenham still checking why the £80 has not been paid and AVIS customer service are asleep and have not yet advised what they have done with the Notice to Owner from Barking and Dagenha, even though I copied in the CEO.

Comment

Finally received the additional £80 refund from Barking and Dagenham and a reply from AVIS, I have questioned AVIS why there letter is not dated.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the PCN is now open again on Barking and Dagenham website and £80 outstanding.

Comment

Presumably Avis sent the council your current address?
                                You haven't yet been sent a Penalty Charge Notice in the post?
                                Try and find out when Avis sent back notification to the council.
                                I suspect the council might even be out of time by now, so still owe you £40 (you paid£120 and they refunded £80)
                                Whether or not it is worth trying to recover it is another matter

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X