• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Paid Twice online with Barking and Dagenham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PCN Paid Twice online with Barking and Dagenham

Barking and Dagenham have closed the case and send me a letter and have refunded a total of £160 from the £200 paid and left the charge at £40 and said this is there last correspondence on the issue. AVIS has refunded the £30 for the admin fee as they could not prove that they issued my details on the notice to owner within the specified time frame. Barking and Dagenham stated they received it on 8th August.

Comment

Pay the forty quid.

Comment

I also would close the book, just to avoid the hassle over £40!

As the council didn't receive the notification for a couple of months, the registered keeper becomes liable for the charge.
        The council won't care who pays it, so long as it is paid.
        If Avis had paid it I don't doubt their contract would have allowed them to recoup it from you.
        So you got away with £40!

Comment

yes I'm happy enough with the result

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X