• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA never sent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA never sent

Hi
    If the agreement is not legible at this point I am not sure I would make any offer but that is just me

The advice given by Charity is pretty darned good

I believe it is usual for companies to pay 5-10% when they buy debts but then they will balance that with the chance of winning -imo at the moment low , your ability to pay and of course a profit.

I also understand that when offering settlemets they need to be worded very carefully

I am really not sur that I would do anything other than send them a letter like the one charity suggested

Comment

Thanks both. I appreciate your advice.

I'll write to them tomorrow and let you know what they come back with.

Comment

Today I'm writing and sending the letter. It will go a bit like this.

Thank for for your letter dated blah blah. I duly note the contents of the correspondence and appreciate the speed in which it was sent.

I do not believe that the debt is legally enforceable and therefore ask that you withdraw from any legal claim to avoid further court costs.

Many thanks

Me

Is that about right??

Thank you again.

Comment

Personally I would add
          The documents you have sent me do not comply with S78(1) CCA1974 and the account is therefore unenforceable according to S78(6)

Comment

Perfect.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl75 View Post
              Perfect.

Thank you.
              It's me again.

I've had no response from the letter I sent. Today they've said if I don't respond then they will take me to court.

I'm thinking of sending the letter again to try to get a response.
              Question, if they get a CCJ and pay it within a month, does it get removed from my credit file? Also, at this point if I call and offer a settlement figure will that benefit me? Or should I hold on to see what happens?

Thanks all.

Comment

It's me again.

I've had no response from the letter I sent. Today they've said if I don't respond then they will take me to court.

Question, if they get a CCJ and pay it within a month, does it get removed from my credit file? Also, at this point if I call and offer a settlement figure will that benefit me? Or should I hold on to see what happens?

Thanks all.
                Good afternoon ajl7,

I've just taken a look back through the thread I'm not surprised that " withdraw " letter has been ignored.

I see that you have received what purports to be an agreement, to enable us to help further please post a copy here after removing anything that can identify you, let's see the letter as well please.

nem

Comment

I'm not quite sure how to attach images. I can tell you that the credit agreement was not legible. I literally could not make a word of it out.

In terms of today's letter I will type in what was written:

Basicallt says they've been instructed by their clients as I've not responded to them or agreed a payment plan. They will ask the court to issue a judgement if I don't contact them. It goes on to give the consequences if I get a ccj and a little bit about how I could defend the claim.

Finally it asks for me to make a repayment plan or make an offer.

Sorry about my lack of IT skills.

Comment

It's me again.

They've been threatening that since last December.
                    You've already sent at least 2; one of them being a s78 request which, according to you, has not been adequately complied with.
                    Question, if they get a CCJ and pay it within a month, does it get removed from my credit file?
                    Why would they pay your CCJ?
                    Also, at this point if I call and offer a settlement figure will that benefit me? Or should I hold on to see what happens?
                    Personally I would hold fire.
                    You can negotiate at any point up to the actual judgment (even IF they do the court route!)

Thanks all.
                    ####
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I'm not quite sure how to attach images. I can tell you that the credit agreement was not legible. I literally could not make a word of it out.

In terms of today's letter I will type in what was written:

Basicallt says they've been instructed by their clients as I've not responded to them or agreed a payment plan. They will ask the court to issue a judgement if I don't contact them. It goes on to give the consequences if I get a ccj and a little bit about how I could defend the claim.

Finally it asks for me to make a repayment plan or make an offer.

Sorry about my lack of IT skills.
                      I'll get [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] to help you with the documents it'll help to be sure what's happened.
                      [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] can you help please.

nem

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. I meant if I paid the CCJ.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. I meant if I paid the CCJ.
                          You are correct!

nem

Comment

Removing judgments: paying within a month

If you pay your county court judgment in full within one month of the judgment date, it will be removed from the register.

You may have to tell the court this yourself – the person you owed money to may not have done so.

Step by step guide to removing judgments

Here’s what to do if you paid within a month
                            • Search the register First, search the register to see what is recorded against you. If a county court judgment is shown, and you paid in full within a month, you can apply to have the judgment removed.
                            • Contact the court This will be the court where your case was last dealt with. There is a form to fill out, and you’ll need to know the claim number.
                            • Get confirmation You’ll also need written confirmation from the person you owed the money to (so get a receipt). If you can’t get a confirmation from the person you owed money to, the court will write to them for you.
                            • Pay a small fee And there is a fee to pay – the court will tell you this.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/unders...stay-on-record
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                            gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Question, if they get a CCJ and pay it within a month, does it get removed from my credit file?
                              Are you asking that question because a CCJ could cause you problems with your job/work or a potential mortgage/credit application if registered on your CRA files etc?

Di

Comment

Yes. This has sat on my file as a default and has already impacted on my credit file. I'm unsure whether to sit it out, make an offer to pay or just challenge it.

Thank you for all your advice so far everyone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X