• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

volunarty termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volunarty termination

mike hi I am after some advice I have sent my termination letter and I have received a letter today for me to sign . the letter says , in accordance with my rights I wish to end the agreement. please accept this letter as my notice of termination , I understand that I will return the vehicle as directed by you on the arranged date, with registration document , mot certificate service records and all tools, accessories and handbook that are required for the use of the vehicle. I will also return my security keys for the vehicle and I understand that I will be liable for the cost of replacement keys if they are lost. I acknowledge that you will notify me should there be any repair costs required by me after your inspection to recompense my failure to take reasonable care of the vehicle . any repair costs will be due from me within 10 days of the date of notification . I realise that if payment is not made within this time legal action may be raised against me . do I sign thanks mike
    Tags: None

Re: volunarty termination

No you don't sign. You have sent you letter to them, that is enough. Read the many VT threads that are around on the forum.

Comment

hi how long should I leave it till I ring them thanks mike , its been a week

Comment

email them asking them when they are going to come and pick up the car. Give them, say, 10 days after which you will be charging them £x per day for storage. You can also tell the DVLA that the owner is the finance company, send them the V5 and they will then be responsible for tax and insurance (the tax you paid is cancelled when there is change of owner).

Comment

they have email me saying to ring them and discuss proposal to return the vehicle , or pay for it to be picked up

Comment

You don't have to pay for it to be picked up as far as I understand. You may be obliged to drop it off it it is a reasonable distance. Phone them up and see what they say but don't get into issues about payment.

Comment

hi rang the finance company said I have to pay a shortfall of 200 pound put when I phoned them two months ago I was over the half way mark by 300 pound . they said I have to pay it or I carnt vt my car they said they had sent the letter showing it put they haven't , thay said if I don't sign the form they sent me the will not let me vt my car and if I wont the car picking u I will have to pay nearly 200 pound for that as well need some advice please mike

Comment

Have they explained how a surplus of 300 has turned into a shortfall of 300 ?

By writing to them you have, if the letter was correct (put on here to be checked with personal details removed), already VT'ed your car and they are playing silly boogers. They already have the signed VT document.

Did they give you the option of a place to return your car to that was a reasonable distance away ?

Point out to them again the car has already been VT'ed with your letter and does not require their form to be signed nor do the regulations.

Repeat the fact that you will be transferring the car to their name and they will be responsibly for tax and insurance and the storage fee you will be charging them for non collection. You could offer delivery to a place a reasonable distance away.

As they have already had notice give them 7 days from receipt to comply and then follow through. Get proof of postage free from the post office.

Comment

hi I have worked out my self and I do need to pay 200 to make it to half way got a template of here for my letter sent that recorded deliver signed for . they said once I sign there letter and send it back they will let me proceed with the vt . they gave me the option to take the car to auction house they didn't say where I told them it had to be close to where I live other wise I wouldn't . All he kept saying to me on the phone is that I need to sign this form or they wouldn't proceed nearly ended up in argument with him I said I have had legal advice and said he isn't bothered I have to sign it , do I pay 200 pound ? thanks mike

Comment

If 200 takes you up to 50% then yes.

You could send the document back signed but cross out, and initial, all tne wording following "as my notice of termination.

Comment

ok will do that thanks mike

Comment

hi I have paid 200 sent back there voluntary termination form crossed and sighed my initials , spoke to them today on the phone they have said I have defaced the form so they wont accept it , I said I will send my log book to the dv la put it in there name they said they own the car so that doesn't matter they said if I don't sign the form they will not let me take the car to designated place for the car to be dropped of , and if I don't sign the form they will class it as repossession mike

Comment

Just update the details online its likely to be quicker - https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

The agreement is terminated, they can't force you to drop it off somewhere, I would then instead say that if they won't let you take the car then they will have to come and collect it. There isn't any obligation for you to drop it to them you only have to make it available to them.
                          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Continue with the plan to nominate them as the keeper with the DVLA. I believe that they can't repossess without a court order, others will confirm. Write to them telling them you are doing it and point them to the relevant regulations. Someone will provide th full details or read a few other threads.

Comment

they also said if I want it picking up I would have to pay 200 pound up front

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X