• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fowlers car finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fowlers car finance

Hi Guys

It's been a while but the saga continues. I kind of gave up after a while and thought I was going to be stuck with this blasted car, however, the car is now totally undriveable as the exhaust has fallen off. Basically the flexi joint has rusted through and the whole exhaust is hanging down. I have emailed Fowlers a number of times to ask for someone to pick the car up to sort out this issue and the other issues I originally emailed them about, I received a response the first time asking me what day I was available but have heard nothing since. Is this common practice for dealers, sell a car then when problems arise don't give a damn ? I am now paying for a car that cannot be driven, I would deafen half the population with the noise it makes. Is there anythign I can do to force them to do anything i.e. take the damn car back. I'm strongly considering just signing the car over to them, dropping it off and cancelling my insurance, VED and direct debit to them and to hell with the consequences, that's how sick and tired I am of their customer aftercare (lack of !).

Comment

Good God, it's been so long I thought you must have sorted the problem by now.

Did you ever get an independent confirmation of the problems?
      The exhaust should not have rusted through already, so yet another indication the vehicle was unsatisfactory when purchased.

Did you continue to reject the car after the expiry of the thirty days?
      Did yo ever request a repair?
      Did they ever offer to repair the vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        Good God, it's been so long I thought you must have sorted the problem by now.

Did you ever get an independent confirmation of the problems?
        The exhaust should not have rusted through already, so yet another indication the vehicle was unsatisfactory when purchased.

Did you continue to reject the car after the expiry of the thirty days?
        Did yo ever request a repair?
        Did they ever offer to repair the vehicle?
        Evening

When the exhuast literally fell apart and the car sounded like a tractor I emailed them asking them to sort that and everything else out which I had previously emailed them about i.e. central locking not working, pulling to one side etc. Nothing has been done so far, I emailed them informing them of the exhaust and I did have someone email me asking if I was available to have the car picked up on a set day. I emailed them back and told them i wouuld be available but had no confirmation, of course no one turned up and I have emailed them since and so far have had no response. Fowlers, not to be touched with a 10 foot barge pole !!!

Comment

If you have asked them to repair the car, and they have failed, your right to reject it under the Short term right to reject is preserved:
          Sec 23
          (2)If the consumer requires the trader to repair or replace the goods, the trader must—
          (a)do so within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to the consumer, and(b)
          bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

(6)A consumer who requires or agrees to the repair of goods cannot require the trader to replace them, or exercise the short-term right to reject, without giving the trader a reasonable time to repair them (unless giving the trader that time would cause significant inconvenience to the consumer).

Now write final "LETTER BEFORE ACTION" and follow through with it:
          You asked for repair, and they have failed to do so within a reasonale time, so your short term right to reject has been preserved and you are now execrcising that right.
          They must now collect the car within 14 days, and refund the full purchase amount.
          Failure to comply and you will initiate court proceedings without further refernce.
          You also retain the right to claim damages

Send signed for to dealer and finance house.
          You didn't perchance use a credit card in the purchase?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X