• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

pmpmpm22 vs Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd p

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pmpmpm22 vs Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd p

I have received a notice of proposed allocation to small claims track regarding this debt. I have still not received anything from my CCA and CPR requests. Do I just agree to mediation here regardless of that or do I disagree because of this? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by pmpmpm22 View Post
      I have received a notice of proposed allocation to small claims track regarding this debt. I have still not received anything from my CCA and CPR requests. Do I just agree to mediation here regardless of that or do I disagree because of this? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
      Good morning,
      Yes agree to mediation the courts expect the parties to a claim to attempt resolution with recourse to a hearing if possible.

nem

Comment

thanks for your help

Comment

Looking at post # 30 I see you didn't plead that Hoist are currently unliscenced by the FCA

Di

Comment

Hello, I am due to goto court over this on Wednesday. My intention is to go with all paperwork requests, proof of posting and state I have been unable to mediate this claim as Hoist have not provided me with any of the paperwork I have requested. Is there anything else I should do or be aware of? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

I am due to goto court over this on Wednesday. My intention is to go with all paperwork requests, proof of posting and state I have been unable to mediate this claim as Hoist have not provided me with any of the paperwork I have requested.
              Reading back through your thread I can't see any mention of you filing a Witness Statement or being served with a WS and Exhibits by the Claimant.

Has that happened?

And if so, it may help to post up what documents the Claimant disclosed (if any).

Di

Comment

A witness statement from the claimants? I haven't received one if that's what you mean. I have received no paperwork from the claimant other than a letter returning my £1 fee that I sent for the CCA request stating the solicitor was dealing with it.

Comment

A witness statement from the claimants? I haven't received one if that's what you mean. I have received no paperwork from the claimant
                  Have you filed a Witness Statement at court and also served it on the Claimant's solicitors (Howard Cohen)?

I would call the court to see if Howard Cohen (solicitors for the Claimant) has filed a WS but not served a copy on you.

While you're at it check with the court to see if they've paid the Hearing Fee.

The deadline dates for all this would be included in the Directions which you would have received with your Notice of Hearing.

Di

Comment

I have not filed a witness statement. I rang the court earlier to confirm the hearing was still due to take place and they confirmed it was, so I imagine they have paid the fee. The letter reads, ' Each party must deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents on which that party intends to rely on at the hearing no later than fourteen days before the hearing'. This means I should have sent the CCA request and the CPR to the court by now doesnt it? Do you still recommend I ring the court? Is there anything else I should be doing giving I havent filed a witness statement or provided documents I will need to rely on after the date the letter states? This is not going to end well considering this is it :/

Comment

I have not filed a witness statement. I rang the court earlier to confirm the hearing was still due to take place and they confirmed it was, so I imagine they have paid the fee. The letter reads, ' Each party must deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents on which that party intends to rely on at the hearing no later than fourteen days before the hearing'.

. . . . Do you still recommend I ring the court? Is there anything else I should be doing giving I havent filed a witness statement or provided documents I will need to rely on after the date the letter states?
                      Ring the court again and check (a) has the Claimant filed a WS at court, and (b) has the Claimant paid the hearing fee (don't just "imagine" that they have).

As you say you should have filed and served your WS and evidence 14 days before the hearing so if you haven't done that yet you need to do it asap because you can't just pitch up in court on Wednesday and expect the DJ to consider your evidence in an ad hoc way.

The Claimant can also ask the court not to admit your evidence if they haven't been served with it (WS + Exhibits).

There may still be time to deal with this situation or at least hope the court will cut you some slack with your late filing since you are a LIP.

I would file a WS at court by 4 pm today if you can.

Ask one of the Beagles for help with that.

Di

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ness-Statement
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Ok i will, heres what I have so far
                          IN THE xxxxCOUNTY COURT

Claim No. xxx
                          BETWEEN:
                          Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 LTD
                          Claimant
                          - and –
                          Defendant
                          xxx

I xxxbeing the Defendant in this case will state as follows;

1. I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim. The matters set out below are within my own knowledge, except where I indicate to the contrary.

2. On 01/08/2016 I made a written request to the Claimant solicitors, Howard Cohen and Co of 1b, Josephs Well, Hanover Walk,, Hanover Walk, Leeds LS3 1AB requesting that the Claimant provides copies of all documents mentioned in the statement of case.[EXHIBIT A]

3. On 01/08/2016 , I contacted the Claimants Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 LTD requesting the CCA from the allaged debt. [EXHIBIT B]

4: On 13/08/2016 I received a letter [EXHIBIT C] from the Claimants stating ‘We acknowledge receipt of your request under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act.
                          Your account is now with our client's solicitor Howard Cohen and Co and they have issued a County Court Claim against you.
                          As you have filed your defence in this matter, all documents will be requested by our clients solicitor Howard Cohen and Co as part of this process, therefore please find enclosed your £1 fee.’

5:

6:

7: Therefore I believe the claimant xxxxxxxxxxxx

Statement of Truth

I, XXXXXX, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true.

Signed: ________________________________

Do I need to add anything for 5 and 6? What do I believe the claimant has done? Acted unlawfully in not providing me with the information? 'Has acted unlawfully in refusing to provide the requested documentation and has therefore rendered the debt uneforcable' Is that an adequate statement? I'm providing copies of all of these documents with this statement as well correct? Thanks for the help it is very much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if they have filed a witness statement and not sent it to me what do I ask for then?

Comment

Just spoken to the court they said as yet there is no witness statement from the claimant but the fee was paid in December. She said if I can get my witness statement to them as soon as possible they will do their best to get it on the system.

Comment

Just spoken to the court they said as yet there is no witness statement from the claimant but the fee was paid in December. She said if I can get my witness statement to them as soon as possible they will do their best to get it on the system.
                              It's good to know that the Claimant hasn't filed a WS since the onus is on them to prove their claim. How can they do that if they don't provide any evidence to support it

Di

Comment

Lets hope they cant. I have sent my witness statement and all documents to the court now, should I do the same to both the claimants solicitor and the claimant now? Thanks again for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X