• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

On going issues with an energy supplier from 2012, now receiving daily phone calls.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On going issues with an energy supplier from 2012, now receiving daily phone calls.

I experienced issues with First Utility back in 2012. I raised a complaint with the Ombudsman and first utility were amongst other things asked to issue a final bill with the readings provided. They issued a bill but not with the readings provided and did not provide a full breakdown. I wrote again to First Utility and received no reply.

I received a letter from a debt collection agency in 2014 and replied with the above information. Fast forward to July 2016 and Fredrickson are calling every day and have sent 3 letters so far requesting money. They are stating that First Utility have previously written to you stating their intention to instruct a debt collection agency. The sum they have asked for is different from the amount in 2013, this was one of the issues that lead to me complaining.

Surely, after all this time the back billing rules would apply? If they had done as the Ombudsman has asked this would have been finalised years ago.

Has anyone experienced similar issues and can any one offer any advice on how to proceed please?
    Tags: None

Re: On going issues with an energy supplier from 2012, now receiving daily phone call

Hello rustic,

So to summarise your problem:

1. You complained to the Ombudsman in 2012, the Ombudsman told First Utility toissue a final bill with all readings (do you still have this letter or evidence?)
    2. FU did not issue the final bill with all readings, despite a further request to provide this.
    3. You responded in 2014 to a debt collection agency about the above information.
    4. Fredrickson are continuously calling you for payment.

I'm not sure if you made a typo but you mention the sum is different to the amount in 2013, do you mean 2012? If not, where does 2013 come into all of this?

If they have not given the correct bill as of 2012, then 12 months following that issuing of the bill the back billing rule would apply.

It sounds like Fredrickson are borderline harassing you and it might be worth writing to them (do not call) to the effect that they failed to comply with the Ombudsman's decision in 2012, did not provide the correct information despite requesting them to do so. 12 months has lapsed and the back billing rule applies. Finally, you put them on notice that you consider their calls every day as harassment and will be logging the time and date of each call made to you. If they continue to harass you, then you will consider issuing proceeding against them for harassment and seeking damages.

You should also further re-iterate that FU is not entitled to the sums alleged and you consider their actions of instructing Fredrickson as a method of obtaining the sums by way of fraud.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Re: On going issues with an energy supplier from 2012, now receiving daily phone call

Thank you very much for your advice, it is very much appreciated. I'll be sending a letter to Fredrickson as I would very much like the 8am Saturday phone calls to stop! 2013 is indeed a typo, it should have read 2012. I still have the Ombudsman letter and copies of all correspondence that was sent and received at the time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X