• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Dreaded Civil Enforcement Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Dreaded Civil Enforcement Ltd

When you applied to set aside the CCJ did you ask for the costs of the application fees, did the order say that they should pay you those application fees?

You could write to the court or address it to the judge (if you know) in question, and request that an order be made that the Claimant pays your application fees of £255 for the set aside. Their conduct by not paying for the hearing fee and/or lack of correspondence amounts to unreasonable conduct (CPR 44.2), which has caused you to suffer loss as a result.

The court will either say make an application or refuse to grant it. Either way, you have no CCJ and the case has been struck out so I would say that's a win even at the expense of £255.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
      When you applied to set aside the CCJ did you ask for the costs of the application fees, did the order say that they should pay you those application fees?

You could write to the court or address it to the judge (if you know) in question, and request that an order be made that the Claimant pays your application fees of £255 for the set aside. Their conduct by not paying for the hearing fee and/or lack of correspondence amounts to unreasonable conduct (CPR 44.2), which has caused you to suffer loss as a result.

The court will either say make an application or refuse to grant it. Either way, you have no CCJ and the case has been struck out so I would say that's a win even at the expense of £255.
      I believe I did state state my case and asked for my costs at the time of the CCJ set aside application, but clearly nothing happened so maybe I did it incorrectly

It's just such a shame that companies like this can put people in this position, and for a young couple who were applying for a mortage for a home it would have been a complete disaster. I have newspaper reports to illustrate that this practice is rife, but little seems to be being done to curb it.

I guess the reality is, as you say, it's probably prudent to accept that it's all over and learn from it for the future - I'm forever warning people now about the risk

Can I thank you both again for all the help and support you have given, it's been really very good of you. I'm just sad I dont have knowledge to give back, but if you're local and in need of a semi pro photographer then I'm your man .... Thanks for the great job you do here, I'm assuming I will hear no more now, so wont need to bother you on the subject.

Ive just given the site details to someone who is struggling with a lease purchase / landlord, so hopefully he will get good advice here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stravinskykof View Post
        I believe I did state state my case and asked for my costs at the time of the CCJ set aside application, but clearly nothing happened so maybe I did it incorrectly

It's just such a shame that companies like this can put people in this position, and for a young couple who were applying for a mortage for a home it would have been a complete disaster. I have newspaper reports to illustrate that this practice is rife, but little seems to be being done to curb it.

I guess the reality is, as you say, it's probably prudent to accept that it's all over and learn from it for the future - I'm forever warning people now about the risk

Can I thank you both again for all the help and support you have given, it's been really very good of you. I'm just sad I dont have knowledge to give back, but if you're local and in need of a semi pro photographer then I'm your man .... Thanks for the great job you do here, I'm assuming I will hear no more now, so wont need to bother you on the subject.

Ive just given the site details to someone who is struggling with a lease purchase / landlord, so hopefully he will get good advice here as well.
        It's over, unless they get this order set aside. 100% ask the court politely for costs. You could even just ask the claimant for £255 but they'll probably say piss off.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          It's over, unless they get this order set aside. 100% ask the court politely for costs. You could even just ask the claimant for £255 but they'll probably say piss off.

M1
          I could always send them an invoice (which they would ignore) and then take them to court for non payment :-) :-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X