• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage Claims - Try Again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage Claims - Try Again!

Despite having done nearly every UK bank over for charges Im still struggling to get my head around mortgage Companys.

To be honest I seem to be finding conflicting information regarding claiming against these.Despite reading other threads I still dont know what people are claiming for or not.

This has been dragging around for me since Oct 2006 - so Ithink its best if I just ask directly about my own case - rather than pick up from other peoples situation.

At the end of the day my are only to small claims If I leave out the ERP for now. This is what I have done the Spreadsheets for so far:-

GE MONEY
    DD Recall Charges
    Admin Fees (these were racked up at £40 bucks per months over 4 months - beacuse they charged me £369 interim interst payment to move my payment date from 4th to 20th each month - I couldnt pay the £369 in one go so split it across 4 months at a princly sum of £160 - digusting!!!)

Kennsington
    DD Rejection Fee
    DD Cancellation fee

So am I good to go with these - or would you not bother as both claims only come to £600?

But I also note that they have racked up other charges in this form, a simple Yes - to claim or no - for dont bother would be grately appreciated. Thanks!!

GE MoNEY
    Repayment Administration & Discharge FEE

The most annoying things about GE Money was, throughout the term of our mortgage and monthly & quarterly statements they wrote our ERP was only payable until Dec 2006 (2 year tie in) so based on this we planned our finances etc etc and started to change our mortgage after this time. When the paperwork came to be signed (ie well down the track) they said the ERP was until Dec 2007 (3 year tie in), when we sent them copies of all their correspondence they just said that the all the paperwork for last couple of years had a mistake on it then sent us the orginal agreement with the 3 year deadline.

I feel so annoyed by this because its cost us an extra £3500, beacuse we were not at the stage where we could put back the change of mortgage by a further 12 months!!! Though if we'd be aware of this allalong we would never have changed it at this time and planned our finances accordingly for an extra year.

So Im hoping at some point we will be able to get back our ERP!!!

GE - Yes, claim it.

Kensington - Yes, claim it.

The final GE one would appear to be very straight forward, if you have documents and it appears that you have a large number of them, that state that your tie-in period was 2 years, then you should not have been charged - you need to be able to rely on the documents they provide you with.

Sue them too.

Comment

Their arguement was we had signed the orginal agreement whereby it said 3 years - and yes they are correct here.

However, I mislaid that contract (which is not like me at all), so over the next two years we were planning our change of mortgage around the date that was provided on the monthly, quaterly and annual statements (yep they sure so like to remind you of how much you owe them) so we planned our change of mortgage around these dates.

It came as a Flipping big shock then when they sent us a copy of the orginal contract, at the point of completion, stating three years. When we tried to protest it was "admin error - sorry - but tough"

The biggets sucker of it all - the new mortgage was with them as well!!!!!

Comment

Sorry for the dim part of me:

Clarity on the Repayment admin fee and Discharge fee? yes or no

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Their arguement was we had signed the orginal agreement whereby it said 3 years - and yes they are correct here.

However, I mislaid that contract (which is not like me at all), so over the next two years we were planning our change of mortgage around the date that was provided on the monthly, quaterly and annual statements (yep they sure so like to remind you of how much you owe them) so we planned our change of mortgage around these dates.

It came as a Flipping big shock then when they sent us a copy of the orginal contract, at the point of completion, stating three years. When we tried to protest it was "admin error - sorry - but tough"

The biggets sucker of it all - the new mortgage was with them as well!!!!!
          Ok, this changes things, however, just for the hell of it I would be inclined to argue that you had received documents that you believed superseded the original contract and stated quite clearly, over and over again that your tie-in period was two years.

Having said that, if you are still a mortgage customer of GE then it might be wiser for you to hold fire on issuing a claim against them, even on an old and terminated contract.

Regarding the Repayment admin fee and Discharge fee, I have to be honest with you, I have no idea what they are.

What are they for and do you believe them to be penalty charges?

Comment

Thanks

Just out of curiosity why would you hold off claiming aginst them?

Its that £40 per month that sucks to be honest - in total on my old mortgage they took £400 in charges, why would having a live account make much difference to the claim ?

Comment

Because they are nasty, spiteful people who, just for the sheer hell of it, can and do place markers and notes on your account that would identify you as a "troublemaker" and should you get into any financial difficulty in the future, it has been suggested that they might be less amenable toward helping you.

Comment

The thing is both myself and partners credit file is beautifully clear - thanks to flipping hard work I did last year.

The annoying thing was when we changed mortages in Jan this year I was at the hight of getting everything cleared off it as 2 of banks put default on both our account just because we were claiming charges back off them. I got them removed but of course we had already committed to GE MONEY.

It wasnt to bad in the end because we stil got a normal high street rate anyway so wasnt penalised by interst rates just by the fact we had to go back with these nasty pastys.

I havent had any adverse credit recorded for bad debt for over 6 years, apart from that blip above when the default covered a period 3 months just out of shear nastiness from the banks in question.

We tied into GE now for 2 years anyway - so I still tempted to get my cash back off them!

Gawd I hope the day comes when the Mortgage Companies get what they deserve?

Is there any reason why they havent been effected byall this then - I am confused as to firewall they have?

Comment

Well I can t beleive Kensington just wouldnt play ball for a Paultry £240. Oh well its only £30 to register it with the court - so guess where Im off tomorrow.

Comment

Well Filed against Kensignton now.

In a way Im glad with this one as the interest alone adds £70 to a £240 claim, so it does make it a bit nicer in the long term.

I'll just sit back and wait for this one!!!

Anybody know how long Kennsington take?

Comment

Re: Mortgage Claims - Try Again!

How did you get on with your Mortgage claim Scarlet?

Turbo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X