• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Changing name and address on court claim/judgment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing name and address on court claim/judgment?

Very confused.com!!

As the claimant of a County Court Judgment, I have since discovered that the Defendent's name and address have changed/are incorrect. To explain -

Defendant's name:-

In a transaction I made for a purchase, I was misled to believe I was trading with a company 'XYZ Ltd', when in fact it was with the business owner, 'J Bloggs', where monies were requested/ paid into their private bank account, not the business bank. So the claim and Judgment are currently in the company name.
    I discovered the problem when I initiated a third party debt order through the court and the bank rejected it due to the account name being incorrect. When queried, the bank doesn't care that an account name doesn't match for online bank payments, only that the account number and sort code exists!

Address -

The address has subsequently also changed. There are three known addresses, two business ones and a personal one.

Procedure -
    There appears to be two procedures for changing details on a claim, both using the N244 Application form, where one is to change the details on a claim (in red ink) and the other is to change the details on the Judgment, where the latter I think could potentially be set aside and the claim then having to be changed/reissued.

Due to the court fees having risen at a shocking rate (although it states that an application to vary a Judgment is still £50), I am looking for simple advice on the correct procedure (so that it works) and whether this is covered by one fee, or several?

Hope this makes sense and thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X