• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Lowell CCJ Court Letter - Debt 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell CCJ Court Letter - Debt 2009

Originally posted by Dragonswife View Post
    Good morning,

I've used the template, and filled in the bits that I think are correct. Of course, there are parts of the template that don't apply to me, but I'm not sure which are/aren't correct - so I've used it all and left little comments to raise queries.
    @Kati - am I OK to email it to you to add to the thread please?
    @nemesis45 - thank you for your help so far, I think I'm almost there, but without your guidance I'd have been floundering even more than I think I am
    Ok I would like to read through the defence and compare it to the particulars of claim then come back to you.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Ok I would like to read through the defence and compare it to the particulars of claim then come back to you.

nem
      Hi [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION], I don't suppose you had a chance to look over the defence?

I am sorry to ask, but I was hoping that I might get it submitted this week (I believe I only have about 7 days left to submit and my 28 days are up)

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kati View Post
        Good morning

Header: On date I received claim No............ via the Northampton County Court Business centre.

I 've edited in a couple of suggestions re the POC on the mobile account.

I think it's good to go.

nem

Comment

Good morning

Header: On date I received claim No............ via the Northampton County Court Business centre.

I 've edited in a couple of suggestions re the POC on the mobile account.

I think it's good to go.

nem
          Thank you [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION], I can't find where you've edited (sorry, am I looking in the wrong place completely)?

I did download the original defence that [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] very kindly uploaded, but there doesn't seem to be any amendments... am I just losing the plot?

Comment

Thank you @nemesis45, I can't find where you've edited (sorry, am I looking in the wrong place completely)?

I did download the original defence that @Kati very kindly uploaded, but there doesn't seem to be any amendments... am I just losing the plot?
            Hi np you're not losing the plot I down loaded and edited and saved the defence and reposted but my post has disappeared.
            Will try again asap.

nem

Comment

Good morning
              [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] did you manage to upload the amended file?

I know you're busy, so I didn't like to push

Manyt thanks

Comment

I submitted my defence, and had a letter today from the court saying it had been received and a copy sent to the claimant's solicitors.

They have 28 days to respond

Comment

Good morning
                  @nemesis45 did you manage to upload the amended file?

I know you're busy, so I didn't like to push

Manyt thanks
                  Problems with my browser not loading mail to the inbox will post amendments asap.

nem

Comment

Hi,
                    For some reason your attachment is allowing me to edit but will not save the amendments.

Do you have time to type it in on the forum then I will amend immediately.

nem

Comment

Hi,
                      For some reason your attachment is allowing me to edit but will not save the amendments.

Do you have time to type it in on the forum then I will amend immediately.

nem
                      I have just come back from a few days away - and I've already submitted a defence because I'd run out of time. I checked the dates, and was already at day 30 when I looked.

I did think the defence was submitted too late, but as I've had a letter from court saying they've received it and accepted it, I think someone somewhere must like me!

Thank you [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] for your help so far - I'll let you know what happens next.

Comment

I've already submitted a defence because I'd run out of time. I checked the dates, and was already at day 30 when I looked.

I did think the defence was submitted too late, but as I've had a letter from court saying they've received it and accepted it
                        * phew *

Di

Comment

I have just come back from a few days away - and I've already submitted a defence because I'd run out of time. I checked the dates, and was already at day 30 when I looked.

I did think the defence was submitted too late, but as I've had a letter from court saying they've received it and accepted it, I think someone somewhere must like me!

Thank you @nemesis45 for your help so far - I'll let you know what happens next.
                          Glad that the defence has been accepted!! I think the backlog in the NCCBC has help here.

nem

Comment

Update!

A Very odd one - I've had a letter from Lowell regarding Mediation.

The letter (I'll scan tomorrow) reads
                            "please find enclosed a copy of the Directions Questionnaire which we have now lodged with the court. You should have received a copy fo the same for review and completion. The court will use the information contained in both our copy and yurs to make decisions about how the case should proceed."

The attachment is regarding Small Claims Track.

Should I be worried about this, as I've had a notification from the court stating my defence has been accepted by the court.

Do I need to do anything now? It worries me that I've had one letter from the court, and then a letter from Lowell saying I should have had something from court (I haven't) regarding mediation?

I'll scan the whole thing tomorrow at work, and let you have a look.

Any thoughts?
                            [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] sorry to bother you again, but is this something that I need to be concerned about?

Rachel

Comment

I've not been following your thread but from what you say Lowells have sent you a copy of their Directions Questionnaire.

If that is the case it means that they have informed the court that they intend to continue with the proceedings.

The court will then send you a DQ to complete and file by the deadline stated on it.

Perhaps your reference to "Mediation" refers to Lowells having ticked the 'Yes' box for Mediation on the form?

I've looked at the Defence you uploaded in post # 30 and I can see no mention of the debt being statute barred when you seemed so certain that it was since you said the last payment was in 2009. Did you discover something which made you change your mind?

If a legal argument isn't pleaded in the Defence then you may not be able to argue that issue in court at a later stage.

Di

Comment

I didn't get a chance to scan my letter, but I think you could be correct about it being mediation.

The odd thing is that it arrived after my defence was accepted, and I've had nothing further from the court (even though the lowell letter says I should have).

This is the defence I actually filed

On 25th July 2016 I received claim No XXXXXX via the Northampton
                                County Court Business centre

The Claimant states the claim relates to an agreement with Three
                                Mobile, but without further details the Defendant is unable to
                                identify such an account within his own records.

The particulars of claim state that the account was
                                assigned/purchased by Lowell Portfolio Ltd on 16th November 2011
                                and notice served pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925. The
                                Defendant does not recall receiving notice of this assignment.

In respect of matters, which the Defendant is able to plead to, on
                                the 2nd August 2016 the Defendant sent “recorded delivery”
                                requests for information to the Claimant. The Defendant sent a
                                request for inspection of documents on the 2nd August 2016 to
                                Lowell Portfolio mentioned in their statement of case as allowed
                                under CPR 31.14. The Claimant has not replied to this letter.

The Claimant has failed to reply and has not disclosed any
                                documents relating to their claim to the Defendant.

The Claimant has failed to provide any information relating to
                                this debt.

Therefore, the Claimants Claim should be dismissed

Signed

Last edited by Dragonswife; 15th September 2016, 17:15:PM. Reason: removing personal details

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X