• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BankSmart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BankSmart

Hello All ............

received another letter the other day from bank smart legal department

this time its a court claim for £2045. 49

have had a lot of problems with these people

sending me letters all the time ,been ripping them up and sending them back as I don't want to use there services

apparently they successfully got a claim back for me for about £500 .but I never see one penny of it
    because it came off my old welcome finance bill
    they are now trying to charge me £2045.49 for this ( original bill of charges was £1430.56 )

I emailed them and told them I am not paying it ,but I did not want a CCJ so I would pay £10 a month as I don't work

which they refused ,and said they would not talk to me anymore as I had been abusive

then I found out on the internet that they had been taken to court themselves by someone for high charges that they bill you with
    ( they lost )
    and I told them that ,and still no response

I am expecting a court claim through the post any time soon

have emailed them again and told them I am reporting them to the Ministry of justice

can these people keep getting away with this ??
    Tags: None

Re: BankSmart

Morning,

Firstly just to check the situation, you used BankSmart to successfully reclaim £500 PPI from Welcome Finance. The £500 went to pay off outstanding debt - so your bill from BankSmart should have been something like £150 - but they charged you £1430.56 and they have now threatened to bring a court claim against you for £2045.49 ?

Did they give you a breakdown of what the £1430.56 was for?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

yes that is correct
      I don't have much paperwork from banksmart at all .
      as I ripped it up and told them to **** off and stop sending me letters as I don't want any dealings with you anymore

there threat of court letter also says that
      they will be reclaiming interest at a rate of 8% per day from the date of original invoice

I can copy this letter and send to you if you want to read it

Comment

Yes please or post it up on here remember to remove your personal details. do you have any idea how they came to charge you £1.4k for a £500 reclaim? My email is admin at Legal beagles.info
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

did you get my email ?

Comment

Yes got it just having a read xx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

So £240 cheque should have come to you.

Then £335 was paid off a Welcome Account.

You are saying that you didn't receive that £240 cheque either.

The full refund was £575 ( £515 plus a goodwill gesture (letter upside down so could be £551?) from Welcome. Not PPI - just unfair charges.

Also what key documents did they attach? Just the Welcome letter?

Were there any PPI claims BankSmart were undertaking for you? Have you received a list of charges for cancelling ( eg things like £2.40 for accessing the account etc) ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I never received anything ,not a penny

the only paperwork I got was the letter ,the welcome letter ,and a third party authorisation letter ,where I signed it in 2012 .

I think they were checking other claims for me
                some I received saying nothing to claim ..

but then I just got fed up with it and told them to stop what they were doing ,

they kept asking for extra information from me

but I just started ripping there letters up and posting back

as regards receiving letters about charges for cancelling

I am not sure

Comment

Okay, we should respond to their letter then asking for a breakdown of the charges. I'll draft something xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

thank you

I never did say thanks for helping me
                    I appreciate your time

Comment

Right this is just going off what you have stated on here so far, so we might well need to make some changes, but it's a starting point.

xxxxxxx's are dates

Dear Mr Titman
                      Ref: BC01/2890/46531
                      I am in receipt of your letter dated 18th July 2016 in which you inform me of your intention to issue legal proceedings against me in the County Court.
                      Within your letter you state that the ‘Original Invoice Debt’ was for a total of £1430.56. I am at a loss to understand how Bank Smart have arrived at this figure.
                      As far as I am aware I signed up with Bank Smart in xxxxxxxxxx to reclaim PPI and unfair charges on a number of accounts. I received communications from Bank Smart stating that there was no PPI reclaimable and no refunds in respect of missold PPI have been obtained by Bank Smart.
                      Additionally I received communication that a complaint about unfair charges was made to Welcome Finance who agreed to make a refund of those charge plus a small 10% goodwill gesture. The letter stated that Welcome Finance would remit a cheque of £240 to Bank Smart and a further £335 was refunded against an outstanding balance. I have not received the cheque of £240 or any other sums from Bank Smart in relation to this complaint.
                      I believe your company charges a commission of 25% plus VAT on a no win no fee arrangement. As the only claim ‘won’ was that made against Welcome Finance I calculate the fee would be £172.50. Therefore I believe that Bank Smart are actually indebted to me to the sum of £67.50.
                      In addition I cancelled the services of Bank Smart on xxxxxxxxxxxx as all claims had been dealt with and I no longer wished to use your company’s services.
                      Please send me a full breakdown of the ‘Original Invoice Debt’ of £1430.56 and also send to me a copy of the terms and agreement between Bank Smart and myself.
                      Your claim is denied and any court action will be strongly defended through the courts.
                      Kind regards

turbonetuk
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by turbonetuk View Post
                        thank you

I never did say thanks for helping me
                        I appreciate your time
                        That's okay xxx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

You could also make a complaint to the LegalOmbudsman and MOJ - but I think disputing their intention to bring a court claim is the priority at the moment.

[MENTION=332]EXC[/MENTION] what do you think?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            You could also make a complaint to the LegalOmbudsman and MOJ - but I think disputing their intention to bring a court claim is the priority at the moment.

@EXC what do you think?
                            If turbonetuk hasn't previously complained to Bank Smart then they's have to wait until they had a response to this one before they could complain to the Legal Ombudsman.

On the MOJ, the compliance officer for Bank Smart sent me this in March:

Unfortunately I am not able to discuss any ongoing investigations, however we are aware of this issue and the business has recently undertaken a review of all of its invoices.
                            So maybe add a paragraph to the complaint saying something like:

I understand from your compliance officer at the Claims Management Regulator that they are aware of this kind of issue with Bank Smart and that you recently undertook a review of all of your invoices. Could you confirm that my invoice(s) were reviewed.

Comment

God
                              I wish I could think to write a letter like what you have done
                              that is excellent

should I copy and paste this into a letter ( not forgetting the dates )

and post it to them ???

Roger xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X