• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

What can my employer discuss about me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can my employer discuss about me

Hi all,
    I've recently resigned from my job because of disagreements between me and my employer about my health.
    I was wondering if anyone knows what my employer can discuss about me to others as word has got round where I used to work about my illness which only my employers knew and I don't know if they can do that

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: What can my employer discuss about me

Originally posted by Louisajane View Post
    Hi all,
    I've recently resigned from my job because of disagreements between me and my employer about my health.
    I was wondering if anyone knows what my employer can discuss about me to others as word has got round where I used to work about my illness which only my employers knew and I don't know if they can do that

Thanks
    Hi Loisajane & welcome to LB.

Can you prove that it is more likely than not that only your employer would know about this, & that they were responsible for the data breach?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Other people did know but I've been told it's my employer telling other people

Comment

As an aside, is the firm registered with the ICO?

https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/wha...a-controllers/
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

i don't think so no

Comment

i don't think so no
            Have you checked via the link supplied in the previous post?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No they dont

Comment

Well, one thing is certain, the bell cannot be unrung.

What do you want to do about it? Compensation? An apology? Something else?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

i don't know I just want to know if there in the wrong and if there is anything I can do

Comment

i don't know I just want to know if there in the wrong and if there is anything I can do
                    Unauthorised release of data is probably a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.

You have a right to sue under s13 of the Act.

You can also complain to the ICO, who have the power to fine errant data holders; they will not compensate, or compel the employer to compensate, you.

The court would expect you to try & sort out the issue with the former employer first.

You could submit a grievance via their grievance policy, even though you are no longer employed there.

They will have to conduct an appropriate investigation.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X