• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdrawn with bank help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdrawn with bank help.

Hi I am 330 pound overdrawn with the bank , I have received a letter this morning saying they are gonna charge me ten pound a day until it is paid off. Can someone plz help me write a letter so I can negotiate paying the debt off without having 10 pound a day added on as I'll never pay it off at that rate.
    Tags: None

Re: Overdrawn with bank help.

Which bank are you with and what type of account ? So we can check the charge structure. I know some charge £10 a day but only to a certain maximum.
    Presumably the overdraft is an unauthorised overdraft ? How did you get into the overdraft - eg did they let Direct Debits/ Standing orders through ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The other thing I would make you do is open a separate account with another provider , such as a building society or a credit union . this means if the bank wont negociate then you a have a bolt hole where wages or benefits can be paid and not swallowed in chARGES. Some of them provide pre paid debit cards for a modest fee and dont make charges.

Comment

Hi ya thanks for ur replies. It's lloyds bank. It is an unauthorised overdraft it's my own fault I used my card online for things. I knew I had the money in the bank. But normally it comes off ur balance and gives u an available balance. However for some reason it's taken 3 weeks for the money to come out and I've spent what I thought was in the bank. So now I'm 330 overdrawn. I'm willing to pay back just can't do all at once and especially if there gonna put ten pound on a day. ��������

- - - Updated - - -

I have got a separate account with another bank anyway so that's not a problem x

Comment

Bump for [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] xxx

Comment

Bump x

Comment

What do u think I should do [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] x

Comment

Can anyone help me with this plz x

Comment

Can anyone help me with this plz ��

Comment

Originally posted by flicky1314 View Post
                    Can anyone help me with this plz 😔
                    Hello Flicky,

In my opinion your best option would be to go to the bank branch and get to talk to someone about the problem, letters like this from banks a very impersonal and look very intimidating you may well get a better response from face to face contact rather than a letter.

nem

Comment

Ok Hun thank you. I'll try. Was just hoping I could write to them first. Burying head and all that

Comment

Originally posted by flicky1314 View Post
                        Ok Hun thank you. I'll try. Was just hoping I could write to them first. Burying head and all that
                        The personal approach is often the best way forward in situations like this rather than a letter that gets into the hands of an unknown individual who just sees you owe some money and just responds with a company script used to answer such letters.

nem

Comment

Ok thank u Hun for ur help again

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Hun thanks for ur help again xxx:hug:

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                            The personal approach is often the best way forward in situations like this rather than a letter that gets into the hands of an unknown individual who just sees you owe some money and just responds with a company script used to answer such letters.

nem
                            just wanted to reiterate what Nemesis45 has said and that is that the personal approach can work. However, if they are being awkward and are being a pain in the bum then that is where perhaps a letter might be required depending on your circumstances to help them properly assess your situation.
                            [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION], any other ideas?
                            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

[MENTION=8640]leclerc[/MENTION]. Thank u but I don't do confrontation very well and I know I will just end up a blubbering wreck and agree to whatever they say .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X