• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ/ Provident Personal Credit/ Blake Morgan Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ/ Provident Personal Credit/ Blake Morgan Solicitors

Hi Can anyone offer some advice regarding this CCJ

Can I firstly add that this CCJ is now settled, even though it still sits on my credit file for the next 12 months.

I called Motormile Finance last year in relation to another debt I owed asking for a settlement figure. MM advised that they had more than one debt on file and when they read out the accounts Provident was one of them. I agreed a settlement figure for all outstanding debts and paid over a period of 1 month.

Since the debt to provident has been partially satisfied, I have been waiting for my credit file to be updated, months have passed and nothing. I contacted the CCBC, they advised me the CCJ had been registered by Wescot SPV and I should contact them directly, which I did immediately. Wescot SPV automated message informed they are no longer and I should direct my query to Arrow Global. Advised to contact Blake Morgan Solicitors who were dealing with the case, they advised that they could not do anything without the original reference number. I passed this to them, but they in turn were dragging their heels taking weeks to respond to one email. Well by this time I'm fed up as I've already paid the money and all I need is my credit file updating.

I went back to MM and they advised they have no record of this debt ever being sent to the County Court. I'm very concerned by this point. They provided me with a reference starting with a 'W' (this reference I passed to Blake Morgan.)

After a lot of toing and froing, I asked MM to confirm in writing, including the original reference number of the case, that I had paid the debt so that I could submit this information to the CCBC with the specified fee requesting a certification of satisfaction so that I could send this to the credit reference agency and they in turn could update my credit file. I have sent the information to Noodle, which is pending next months cycle to update their systems.

In the meantime I have received this from Blake Morgan Solicitors:
    Dear Madam
    Thank you for your below email, the contents of which we note.
    We confirm the provided documentation has been reviewed by our client. Our client has confirmed that the letter provided relates to a different account. The account on the letter is in relation to reference number Bxxxxxxxx whereas the account we hold for our client has the original reference number of Wxxxxxxxx.
    Therefore the outstanding balance of £1,097.86 is still owed to our client.
    If you have any questions or would like to discuss this matter, please telephone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Please note that calls will be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.

Yours faithfully

Blake Morgan LLP
    Now, I have taken out all personal information, but I must point out that apart from the letter at the beginning of the reference number, the 8 digits following are identical. Clearly, as I pointed out in my response to Blake Morgan, the letter depicts the difference between on DCA and another. Clearly Wescot reference started with a 'W' and MM reference started with a 'B', as this debt has been passed around over the years.

I am assuming that as the courts have this marked as satisfied now my credit file can be updated accordingly? Nothing Blake Morgan can do to stop this? If they believe that the money is still owed that is a discussion they should have with MM should they not? As far as I am concerned I am no longer liable for this debt, which I might add was Statute Barred when the CCJ was registered as the initial loan was taken out in 2002, and the judgement registered in 2011. I do not know how they managed to get away with it!!

Many Thanks in Advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X