• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blake Lapthorn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blake Lapthorn

:beagle::thumb:
    Originally posted by Traceydc View Post
    Thank you Mike!!

Comment

Not very impressed with HSBC, they passed the debt extremely quickly to be honest. I am not deviating from the fact I did run the debt up, just don't want to be at loggerheads with BL, they are very nasty! Thanks Mike
      Which company now owns this debt, or are BL collecting for HSBC? Which would be unlikely in my opinion.
      In whose name was judgement granted and when?
      Nem

Comment

Arrow I believe Nem item 10 above

Comment

Hi Nem, thank you for looking into this! It was Arrow, had no letters off them for a very long time though, been all from BL. Judgement was in my name, 2013. Tracey

Comment

Traceydc

wonder if you could post an events as they happened from the start i.e.

1. took out with say HSBC
            2. default 3. sold to. 4. and events as they happened after that, we can maybe get a better understanding of the actual situation as they arrived.?? including names ie.e Arrow who you have mention in no 10

Comment

The more I read of this the more I think this has been sold on if AG has had this all the time it may well be costing them more in fees and handling charges than is being collected each month.

Do a free credit check with Noddle I suspect that there may be an "arrangement to pay" in place in which case the entry remains on file.

nem

Comment

I have been paying a standing order for £10.00 to Blake Lapthorn since Jan this year. For the last 2 months they have been sending the payment back into my account, no explanation, nothing.

. . . . they have a charging order on my home. I was paying them through a DMC for 10 years but parted company with them just before xmas, a very long story. I am terrified they will act as if I'm not repaying them
                What is the date of the CCJ which resulted in the Charging Order? Was it before or after October 2012? You say you've been paying through a DMP for 10 years but that doesn't necessarily mean the CCJ was 10 years ago.

Was the CCJ a 'forthwith' Order (i.e. the whole amount due within days) or was it an 'instalment' order hence your £10 per month payments?

Who was the Claimant on the CCJ, was it HSBC or Arrow who you say subsequently bought the debt?

Is the CO an Interim CO or a Final CO?

Did you go to the Final CO hearing (when was that?) and ask for conditions to be included (such as no Order for Sale if you kept to a defined payment plan or until children have left home etc)?

You say the debt is yours but is the property with the CO in your sole name or joint names with your husband? If it's the latter then the charge will be a Restriction meaning that when the property is sold you have a duty to inform the creditor. That's all (usually).

You can check on Land Registry to see who has the CO. It costs £3 for a PDF download here > https://eservices.landregistry.gov.u...747.1468933519

If the original account defaulted more than six years ago (which sounds like it did if you've been in a DMP for 10years) then this debt/account won't show on any CRA since the whole file will have been removed on the sixth anniversary of the default being registered regardless of whether you are or aren't still paying them.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                  Traceydc

wonder if you could post an events as they happened from the start i.e.

1. took out with say HSBC
                  2. default 3. sold to. 4. and events as they happened after that, we can maybe get a better understanding of the actual situation as they arrived.?? including names ie.e Arrow who you have mention in no 10
                  Hi Mike, it was 2005, default, took out 2002, sold to ArrowGlobal in 2006, they then passed it to BL & they took it to court 2012. The circumstances of the order being placed on the house was because we were struggling with other debts at the time. My DMC were very nice but didn't really know how to handle it?! I was pretty ill at the time, no excuse but was in & out of hospital. Still, it is my debt & I understand I need to repay, but they are making things very difficult!!!!!

Comment

So now we have all the detail but no are no further forward on the original " question" Why has BL been returning payments????
                    Why not phone them and ask???

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                      What is the date of the CCJ which resulted in the Charging Order? Was it before or after October 2012? You say you've been paying through a DMP for 10 years but that doesn't necessarily mean the CCJ was 10 years ago.

Was the CCJ a 'forthwith' Order (i.e. the whole amount due within days) or was it an 'instalment' order hence your £10 per month payments?

Who was the Claimant on the CCJ, was it HSBC or Arrow who you say subsequently bought the debt?

Is the CO an Interim CO or a Final CO?

Did you go to the Final CO hearing (when was that?) and ask for conditions to be included (such as no Order for Sale if you kept to a defined payment plan or until children have left home etc)?

You say the debt is yours but is the property with the CO in your sole name or joint names with your husband? If it's the latter then the charge will be a Restriction meaning that when the property is sold you have a duty to inform the creditor. That's all (usually).

You can check on Land Registry to see who has the CO. It costs £3 for a PDF download here > https://eservices.landregistry.gov.u...747.1468933519

If the original account defaulted more than six years ago (which sounds like it did if you've been in a DMP for 10years) then this debt/account won't show on any CRA since the whole file will have been removed on the sixth anniversary of the default being registered regardless of whether you are or aren't still paying them.

Di
                      Hi Diana, the original ccj was 2012, brought to court by ArrowGlobal. They also attained the CO, which is interim, through BL. It still is recorded on my credit report. It was always paid by instalments & my husband is joint owner of the property. The CO was granted in April 2013. I didn't go to the hearing, it was faraway from me & at the time I was in pretty poor health.

Comment

thought this smelt, not local court?

Comment

It was Winchester County Court. BL represented Arrow. They haven't been the most approachable!!!!

Comment

not your local court??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X