• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consumer say No to Yes Car Credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer say No to Yes Car Credit

http://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/ne...yes_car_credit

Consumers could be saying ‘no’ to credit agreements thanks to a leading North West law firm. Stephensons Solicitors LLP has just successfully reached an out of court settlement for its client whose home was at risk, after a financing company which bought some of the debts of Yes Car Credit, took them to court to recover a car loan.

Mr and Mrs Griffiths-Peet from Ashton-in-Makerfield, Greater Manchester, had taken out a credit agreement with Yes Car Credit to finance the purchase of a new car, a Rover, in 2003. The couple’s debt was taken on by MIM Servicing LLC, who then sought to reclaim the remaining £6,174.52 by obtaining a county court judgment against them. This judgment was secured on their home, meaning it could be at risk of repossession.

However, at the time of taking out the finance, the Griffiths-Peets also took out payment protection insurance. They were told this was not optional, and this should have been added to their bill as a separate charge for credit. However, in the Yes Car Credit agreement, it was not. This meant the credit was mis-stated and the agreement was irredeemably unenforceable.

Andrew Leakey, Managing Partner of Stephensons Consumer department, said: “There were discrepancies with Mr and Mrs Griffiths-Peet’s agreement which meant it was ultimately unenforceable and we’re pleased to say the loan has now been written off, with MIM Servicing paying our clients’ legal fees. Most importantly, a family’s home has been saved.

“This is unfortunately just the tip of the iceberg. There are potentially hundreds of people out there who have taken out car credit agreements which could be unenforceable. This case could pave the way for hundreds of people who are struggling to keep up with repayments on credit agreements, to find a way out, if their contract is deemed unenforceable.”

Stephensons offers a free initial consultation, up to 30 minutes, to check through credit agreements and assess the potential of successfully challenging them.

Andrew added: “There are various funding options open to people who wish to challenge their credit agreements, including legal aid in certain circumstances, or based on the prospects of winning the case we may be able to offer a no win, no fee option.”

Re: Consumer say No to Yes Car Credit

Excellent news
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sounds like incitement to dodge debts to me. I'm not sure it's the sort of thing we should condone.

Who am I trying to kid? I'm all for it.
      My Blog
      http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

In YCC's case its not debt dodging, the amount of forced on customers PPI is outrageous and the high pressure sales tactics are pretty well renowned - also their treatment of customers and their 'debt' collection methods are disgusting. If its the only way out of a problem, in most cases created by YCC with extortionate interest rates massive 'obligatory' PPI charges along with the way the companies that took over the debt collections after YCC went down stacked charges and interest on against people, then yep I'm all for it. The paperwork isn;t correct because YCC tried to pull the wool over customers eyes, not because they didn't know the law, simply because they hid figures on the paperwork so while in the windowless sales rooms for hours the customer wouldnt notice anything amiss, not cause they didn't know how to apply the CCA regulations. Underhand to say the least. IN MY OPINION ONLY.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X