• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** CLAIM DISMISSED *** Pra Group Letter Before Claim Received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pra Group Letter Before Claim Received

That's what I was thinking! I sent the letter exactly as [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] post so don't really understand the response. Any advice would be really helpful 😊

Comment

I think I would reply saying thank you for your letter however I am somewhat confused as to why you mention the deed of novation as my letter only asks for the following documents … And to list them. These documents should be in your clients control prior to having bought the court claim against me and therefore should have no difficulty in supplying them… or something along those lines.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Minnie1516 View Post
        That's what I was thinking! I sent the letter exactly as @Amethyst post so don't really understand the response. Any advice would be really helpful 
        Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        I think I would reply saying thank you for your letter however I am somewhat confused as to why you mention the deed of novation as my letter only asks for the following documents … And to list them. These documents should be in your clients control prior to having bought the court claim against me and therefore should have no difficulty in supplying them… or something along those lines.
        & request they discontinue the claim?

Edit
        Have read back......this is just a 'letter before claim' (I'm confusing it with another thread...apologies)
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

So I should reply with this, just not the bit about the court claim, as this was just a letter before claim? Sorry, just want to check to make sure my response is the right one! Thanks in advance for all your help 😊

Comment

So you have never received a Notice of Assignment? (A letter, usually via the original creditor or the new owner [assignee], stating that the debt has been sold to the assignee)
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No, I have never received a Notice of Assignment, the first letter I received was the Letter Before Claim which had the wrong postcode so whether this is why I'm not sure?

Comment

IMHO

Resend the CCA request as before, with PO, & use SignedFor post.

Incorporate Ame's suggestion (post #17) & head it '2nd attempt at CCA request' or similar.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

That's great, thank you for all the advice so far. So the CCA 2nd request and the clarification of the documents I have previously asked for can be combined in one letter?

Comment

That's great, thank you for all the advice so far. So the CCA 2nd request and the clarification of the documents I have previously asked for can be combined in one letter?
                    I take it that their recent letter was in response to your CCA request, as they returned your £1.
                    Could you confirm?

If so, the 2nd request will (should) be asking for a copy of the original agreement, T&C's at inception + any subsequent variations & a statement of the account. (as per template)
                    Just add to it the gist of Ame's post #17, & head it '2nd attempt for CCA request for documents', or something like that.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

So the CCA 2nd request and the clarification of the documents I have previously asked for can be combined in one letter?
                      You've sent a valid CCA Request.

Receipt of this has been acknowledged by a letter from PRA.

Your CCA request remains valid regardless of the fact they have chosen to send back your postal order. You complied with the statutory requirement to send it to them.

You've sent a LBA Response letter asking for various/specific documents.

PRA's response has been to quibble over the wording. You didn't ask them to provide you with any "novation".

Both your requests appear to be valid. PRA appear to not have complied with both/either of your requests. That's their problem not yours isn't it?

Nothing is gained by repeating yourself.

Di
                      Last edited by Diana M; 24th July 2016, 22:02:PM. Reason: tidied up wording :)

Comment

Hi Di,

Thank you for your advice. As PRA have not complied with my requests, where does this leave me, in your opinion? And I should wait for them to contact me again, rather than send another letter clarifying the documents I have previously requested?

Thank you in advance 😊

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION]The response letter was headed 'Request for Copy of Agreement' so I think that was in response to my CCA request. Thanks for your advice 😊
                          Last edited by Minnie1516; 25th July 2016, 08:57:AM. Reason: Incorrect spelling of member

Comment

Hi Di,

Thank you for your advice. As PRA have not complied with my requests, where does this leave me, in your opinion?
                            If they have not complied with the CCA request, they cannot enforce the debt unless/until they do comply.
                            Non compliance with your CPR disclosure request doesn't reflect at all well on them, either.
                            And I should wait for them to contact me again, rather than send another letter clarifying the documents I have previously requested?

Thank you in advance 
                            [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] & I have different thoughts on your second question.
                            I do agree with the sentiment that you have made a lawful request, they are non-compliant, end of.
                            But I can also envisage a scenario where they rock up to court, compliant docs in their grubby mits, claiming admin error or somesuch, & "while we are here, let's sort it out like reasonable peeps".
                            A second letter imho would, if they are again non-compliant, show them up to be inept/feckless.
                            But you do risk the possibility that they will somehow get their act together & actually produce the asked-for documentation.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                              @Diana M & I have different thoughts on your second question.
                              I do agree with the sentiment that you have made a lawful request, they are non-compliant, end of.
                              My thoughts aren't really that different from yours. There's more than one way to skin a cat

I also take your point that they might say to the DJ that their non compliance with an Act of Parliament (s.78 CCA 1974) was an "admin error". I would hope the DJ's response to that would be "Nice Try".

How about a compromise.

Send PRA another CCA Request with a £1 postal order by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery so there can be no question of ambiguity. Don't add anything and don't tweak anything.

You responded to their LBA (you've not got a claim yet) and they've given you a less than helpful reply. There are no sanctions for them doing that. If a claim is issued then you'll be sending them a CPR 31.14 request. If they don't respond sensibly to that letter then you can give them a hard time at that point.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                                There's more than one way to skin a cat Di
                                So I checked!

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/how...-to-skin-a-cat

Shannan Muskopf breaks it down further for us. She's the author ofAnatomyCorner.com and a biology teacher at Granite City High School outside of St. Louis.
                                “I would have to stick with the two main ways,” she wrote in an email. “Either from the ventral (belly) side of the cat, which is my preferred method, or going from the dorsal or the back side. The skin is looser at the abdomen which makes it easier to lift from the underlying muscle. I've attached a rudimentary drawing of how I would approach the skinning of the cat.”
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X