• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Hoist Portfolio2 vs Offthelip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoist Portfolio2 vs Offthelip

So I have sent copies of my WS to the court and the claimant. I still have not received any documents from the claimant. My court date is on Friday. The claimant has paid the court fees so I guess I am going to court on Friday. My defence is that the claimant has provided no documents to identify the debt. Any advice on preparation and what will happen on Friday will be most welcomed. I have never done anything like this before.

Comment

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Well two days before my court date I have come home to a notice of discontinuance for both claims:tinysmile_grin_t: . A huge THANK YOU for all the advice and support from this forum. I couldn't have done this without you. I cannot find how to change the name of the thread to include Discontinued but if anyone can explain, I will do it so others can read the story.

Do i need to apply for the claims to be struck out now or do I just leave them as they are?

Can I make a complaint to anyone about the abuse of system by Harold Cohen?The claims were made in February and by September they still could not come up with a single document to support their claims. Luckily I was pretty sure that this would never make it to court but feel that they are trying to scare people to pay. Seven months of worry and sleepless nights will make people do just that. I am fortunate to be in a financial position to afford the nearly £50 in recorded delivery fees and to have had the time and energy to defend myself with the great help of this forum. But I am sure a lot of people are not and would have ended up with a CCJ.

Again, I cannot thank you enough. I am off to plan a fun Friday morning instead of going to court as planned.

Comment

well done usual last minute missive hoping you cave in!

Comment

Originally posted by Offthelip View Post
            Well two days before my court date I have come home to a notice of discontinuance for both claims:tinysmile_grin_t: . A huge THANK YOU for all the advice and support from this forum. I couldn't have done this without you. I cannot find how to change the name of the thread to include Discontinued but if anyone can explain, I will do it so others can read the story.

Do i need to apply for the claims to be struck out now or do I just leave them as they are?

Can I make a complaint to anyone about the abuse of system by Harold Cohen?The claims were made in February and by September they still could not come up with a single document to support their claims. Luckily I was pretty sure that this would never make it to court but feel that they are trying to scare people to pay. Seven months of worry and sleepless nights will make people do just that. I am fortunate to be in a financial position to afford the nearly £50 in recorded delivery fees and to have had the time and energy to defend myself with the great help of this forum. But I am sure a lot of people are not and would have ended up with a CCJ.

Again, I cannot thank you enough. I am off to plan a fun Friday morning instead of going to court as planned.
            That is bloody marvellous news ! although I feel bad I missed your post yesterday, hopefully you weren't losing too much sleep with it

I'd give the court a buzz tomorrow and/or friday morning and check they have also had the NoD from HC and the hearing is kerputted... just to be sure.

You could ask HC for wasted costs to recoup some of that special delivery fee and printing, time (£19 an hour) etc. Stress/Worry etc doesn't come into it I'm afraid though. Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't, but worth a shot and you can complain about their clients actions at the same time.

Also maybe a note to the civil procedure rules comittee about your case, they are currently STILL considering amendments to the CPR for pre-action on debt claims - ie forcing DCA's to evidence documents etc BEFORE making the claim - but obvs the DCAs are very much against the idea, so a few letters from ''victims'' of the court system being used to intimidate might help kick it back our way.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry missed a question
              No, that should be it now pending double checking with the court that they have received the NoD's too xxx
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X