• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** G24 Ltd - PCN - Central Six, Coventry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **WON** G24 Ltd - PCN - Central Six, Coventry

Hi. I would be great full for any assistance that could be provided re the attached PCN.

I should advise that on the day of parking I genuinely did not realise that the parking area carried a 2 hour restriction. By way of background the parking area is split into 3 distinct areas, all of which serves a retail park and as well as the adjacent railway station.

One car parking section is barrier entry/exit and is aimed at rail users, with no max duration. This is a payable car park.

The other main section of the car park offers 3 hours free parking.

Evidently the area that I parked in operates under different terms, offering 2 hours. As per the attached notice, I stayed for 131mins, thereby breaching the max period by 11 mins no so triggering a £70 fine.

I have attached a copy of the PCN, as well as a photograph of the sign in the car park detailing terms and conditions.

i would welcome any guidance on how to respond to this notice, as I feel it is unjust to be asked to pay £70 for a violation of 11 mins.

If you need any further information, please don't hesitate to contact.

Kind regards

Palladium91
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: G24 Ltd - PCN - Central Six, Coventry

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...533#post636533

The driver did not exceed the maximum time parked and the 11 minutes would be taken up by the time it takes to enter, park, read and accept the contract as well as exit as per the grace periods in the IPC code of practice.

M1

Comment

Thank you very for much for this. I will reply accordingly and will let you know the outcome in due course.
      Thank you once again.

Comment

HI, I have received the reply below today via email. In my opinion this does not address the point made in my initial response, which was based on your guidance.
        I would be great full for any further guidance that you could provide.

Kind regards.

Dear Mr ADAM JOHN SMITH

RE: Contractual Parking Charge Notice 330160605082

Thank you for your email.

The terms and conditions of the car park are displayed in prominent locations throughout the car park. Any vehicle found in contravention of these terms and conditions is subject to a Contractual Parking Charge Notice. Vehicles entering and exiting the car park are monitored and details of their registration number and time of entry/exit are recorded. Your vehicle was logged entering the car park on the 05 Jun 2016 at 14:16 and exiting 05 Jun 2016 at 16:27. Photographic evidence of the breach of contractual term is provided on your Contractual Parking Charge Notice.

There are sufficient signs at the entrance to and in prominent locations throughout the car park displaying the terms and conditions. Your are welcome to revisit the site to view the signage, we advise you to adhere to the terms and conditions of parking when visit the site.
        Our signage complies with the Independent Parking Committee's Approved Operator Scheme.

As we have extensively investigated this Contractual Parking Charge Notice and provided you with the results of our investigation, no further investigation will be undertaken. Any further correspondence will not receive a response, the options below are still open to you.

You now have one of the following options available to you:

1. Pay the outstanding Parking Charge. Payment of your Contractual Parking Charge Notice can be made via the payment line: 0333 733 3000 or by sending a cheque or postal order to G24 Limited, PO Box 3320, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 8WT.

2. If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to appeal to The Independent Appeals Service (www.theIAS.org), The Independent Appeals Service provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. As you have complied with our internal appeals procedure you may use, and we will engage with, the The Independent Appeals Service Standard Appeals Service providing you lodge an appeal to them within 21 days of this rejection.

3. If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action against you.

Customer Services
        G24 Ltd

To Pay your Parking Charge visit http://www.payyourcharge.co.uk or call our payment line on 0845 452 7777.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, if you wish to continue your appeal visit our appeals website at http://www.appealyourcharge.co.uk.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Registered in England. Company Registration number: 5457196. Registered Company address: Batchworth House, Batchworth Place, Church Street, Rickmansworth, Herts, WD3 1JE.

This email (and any attachments) is intended solely for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any statement or opinions therein are not necessarily those of G24 Ltd unless specifically stated. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or copying is prohibited. If you have received this email in error,please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Security and reliability of the e-mail and attachments are not guaranteed. You must take full responsibility for virus checking.

Comment

https://www.theias.org/

Register an intent to appeal making sure you are the registered keeper.

M1

Comment

Thank you for this. I have submitted the appeal and confirm I am the registered owner of the vehicle. I will let you know when I receive a further update.
            Kind regards.

Comment

As per my last post, I submitted an appeal on 5th July. The acknowledgment received from IAS advised the Parking Operator had 5 working days in which to reply. This time period has now elapsed and the Parking Operator has failed to reply and/or upload any evidence. Can the Parking Operator still contest this claim?
              Kind regards.e

Comment

I suspect they will bend over for the operator. Perhaps a short email to the IAS pointing out the fault may get some information. I'm not aware of this happening before although i'm sure it has even though i'm not aware of it.

M1

Comment

Hi. Just a quick note to say I have received a reply from IAS today confirming the Parking Operator won't be pursuing matters any further.
                  Thank you very much for your support in resolving this matter.
                  Best wishes.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X