• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HFO provided wrong date for Certificate of Cancellation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HFO provided wrong date for Certificate of Cancellation

Hello All,

I've tried searching the forums, but can't find anyone in a similar situation, so I'm hoping someone can provide me with some advice.

In 2011 I had a CCJ, which I paid within 28 days. In January of this year I applied for a Certificate of Cancellation through CCBC who wrote to HFO. HFO responded back with an incorrect date... by about 5 years.

The CCJ is now showing as satisfied on my credit history.

I've written to HFO and requested they advise the court of the correct date, but they've not responded. I then called CCBC who wrote to HFO again, but 4 weeks on they haven't responded.

I have proof by bank statement of the payment, though CCBC advise that since HFO responded to the initial request, they can't amend their records, so I'd have to apply to the court through an N244 to have it set aside.

Whilst this is an option, I'd prefer to not pay £255 and so I was hoping someone could advise on any available options I may have to get HFO to correct the records?

Thanks, Ton

Side note: Researching HFO it seems that the OFT didn't renew their Consumer Credit Licence in 2014 and HFO later went into liquidation. I can't find a working phone number and only old records of a PO BOX, which CCBC confirmed is the address they wrote to.
    Last edited by Ton; 30th June 2016, 18:37:PM. Reason: Spelling
    Tags: None

Re: HFO provided wrong date for Certificate of Cancellation

If you are talking about HFO (UK) Holdings I think its going to cost you a hell of a lot more than just £255. Firstly, if the company is dissolved you can't bring a claim against a dissolved company, you need to have it restored to the register, which was about £600-900. This is the cost of the application fees, plus the claimant will also pay the cost of the treasury solicitor to attend court, minimum of about £300. Then you will need to make another application to bring a claim against the company to have the CCJ removed - not an easy task.

unless you are talking about another HFO?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob, that doesn't sound good.

Looking at the court document it's actually HFO Capital Limited with payment to Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors. I've done a bit more looking online:

2014 OFT Ruling > They refused to renew their licence and excluded their solicitor (Alasdair Turnbull) from the group consumer credit licence held by the Law Society for England and Wales.
      2015 FCA Ruling > HFO Services and HFO Capital can no longer hold any regulated consumer credit debt

Searching companies house it seems that HFO Capital is not listed, but HFO Service Limited is, with Alasdair Turnbull named as a previous Director. I can also see the company you mention, HFO (UK) Holdings, which had the same Director Badri Nathan.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it really... it seems that someone responded to the initial query from CCBC, which is why they've updated their records... but neither I or the CCBC can get anything further.

If it's a case of £1000 plus, I'll put my house plans on hold until it drops off next March!

Comment

Might be your best bet, by the time you get everything in order through the court you might be close to that date anyway! Doesn't seem worth the hassle and money if you are prepared to wait.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X