• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The new PM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The new PM

Is that definite PAWS ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Is that definite PAWS ?
      Yep and the awful Morgan the Education Sec!

nem

Comment

yep!

- - - Updated - - -

I notice Davis, Fox and Boris, all leave campaigners, have been given the jobs most likely to be affected by Brexit. Case of , you said it would work now make it work!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

Although very comedic, Borris is very clever, and if you wanted to put a MP up that could say, control of boarders or we leave, it would be him. I really belive they are playing the big bluff, but prepping in case they need to go though with it. I voted stay and passionately believe in that, but i can clearly see, project fear has backfired spectacularly, but because people are not feeling the affect yet, they think its ok, problem is, when you feel the affect, its to late to change back.

Does anyone think Germany could or would want to go against us on immigration controll. They have similar issues to us, they have an election due soonish, they just took 1 mill immigrants, at the sam time you have other members putting up illegal ( under EU law ) restrictions

This guy that running for labour wants a re-run of the vote...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36792176
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Wooooo ! And Nicky Morgan and John Whippingdale gone.

Lovely Jubbly.

I notice Davis, Fox and Boris, all leave campaigners, have been given the jobs most likely to be affected by Brexit. Case of , you said it would work now make it work!
            Good stuff
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ooo and Hunt out.... yeyyyy!
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by JulieM View Post
                Openlaw
                I am sorry if I offended, I picked on that particular point because I had already talked about the qualifications previously. I was having problems with my connection other wise I would have mention Baroness Thatcher who would be about the right age to be Corbyns mother, a research chemist and lawyer. There are also countless examples of successful women from the early and mid 20th century. Politically I can think of Barbara a Castle and Shirley Williams as well. I grant you that it was even more difficult then for a woman to succeed in business, politics or education but it did happen, it was not unheard of as you suggest."

I was quoting the newspapers who were saying that an eminent scientist such as Corbyn's mother was very rare at least. It wasn't really material to my point though which was/ is that Corbyn had significant nurturing to develop his talents intellectually. I am not saying this as an uneducated lay person - I am saying this based on my education which includes the study of sociology.

"As for my qualifications, well I have cse maths and English but can not find the grades so am redoing my GCSEs now. As Amethyst said, many people do degrees later in life with few formal qualifications. There are people doing the Honours degree course without a qualification to their name and it is a top ten University, some of these get 1sts or 2:1 degrees and go on to do all sorts such as PHD,s ."

Degrees at one time were exceptions in that a degree would at one time open many doors to the finest of careers. Now the goal posts have moved to a 1) 'good university;' 2) not a good subject like law, but in fact a 2:1 or a 1st in soft subjects. A 2.1 in a soft subject is like a 1st in law, and; a 1st in a soft subject is like a 2.1, or possibly a 2.2 in law. The academic rigour of law is tremendously more difficult - not so much getting a C grade in a law assignment but more a B grade, on a qualifying law degree module. In general 2.1 or 1st Class degree does not mean a whole lot as it is essentially an average of all the assessments divided by the number of assessments. It is in my view just about control - in the USA, law for instance is post graduate whereas in the UK it's under-graduate. I think that shows the value of law. I say these things not as a lay person but as someone who studied sociology and law, which developed hypothetical standards to make comparisons.

"Why am I doing it, well that's my business but let's just say I am lucky enough to be able to do it now for no other reason than I want to, I have a supportive husband and family. I want to continue and do a masters degree in social work."

- - - Updated - - -

The Queen looks ever so small and rather frail.
                Yes it is your business and that is the correct response. I alluded something which was non sequitur, ie not relevant.

Comment

I think you might have muddled a couple comparisons up there OL ( a 2:1 is like a 1st in law ? think you meant the other way around ? otherwise I'm just completely lost). If you care, which I doubt, I just finished my two options module ( employment & family) in the LLB and got a Grade 2 and a Grade 3... so need to concentrate far harder next year !
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

So far then...

David Davis - Brexit
                    Fallon - Defence
                    Amber Rudd - Home Sec
                    Boris - Foreign
                    Hammond - Exchequer
                    Liam Fox - International TRADE.
                    Liz Truss - Justice
                    Justine Greening - Education
                    Gavin Williamson - Chief Whip
                    Patrick McLoughlin - Party chairman / Chancellor of Duchy?
                    Jeremy Hunt - Health ( still)
                    Preti Patel - International Development
                    Sajid Javid - Communities
                    Greg Clark - Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
                    Karen Bradley - Culture
                    Cairns = Welsh ( still )
                    Grayling - Transport
                    Damian Green - work and pensions secretary
                    Last edited by Amethyst; 14th July 2016, 15:11:PM.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ooo and Hunt out.... yeyyyy!
                      You jumped the gun a bit there didn't ya

Hunt is rhyming slam for something I just cannot remember

I think Boris as foreign minister is a good move because realistically the cabinet office deal with most matters and the brexit negotiations are not in his remit as Davis has that job is a very well qualified for that post. Northern Ireland Secretary has now gone.

As a small by the by, the Corbyn decision by the NEC is to be challenged in court by one of their big donors.....then the argument will be forever settled....
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Boooo ! lol

No idea what's going on with Labour.

I think I agree with you on Boris, but we shall see how it goes - at least he isn't in charge of Brexit !
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think I agree with you on Boris, but we shall see how it goes - at least he isn't in charge of Brexit !
                          Well they may have things in common lol

Comment

I think you might have muddled a couple comparisons up there OL ( a 2:1 is like a 1st in law ? think you meant the other way around ? otherwise I'm just completely lost). If you care, which I doubt, I just finished my two options module ( employment & family) in the LLB and got a Grade 2 and a Grade 3... so need to concentrate far harder next year !
                            Yep i got confused. Am dyslexic, it happens so such is life. At least you knew what I meant. Grade 2 is B equivalent and Grade 3 is C equivalent (national standard), so getting a Grade 2 (B) for employment law is good, and a Grade 3 (C) for family likely means potential to develop. C could mean that you may have misunderstood the question or answered it too generally, or have not considered all material points or not too much detail. LLB is much more rigorous than optional law subjects, but to your benefit you have anecdotal experience of law on this forum, as a business owner, notwithstanding your own experiences in legal matters. So what you know is already transferrable to help your legal career.

Comment

Ahh I'm not after a career, it is just nice to formalise and get it on paper because I enjoy doing it xx Thank you for your thoughts, Still pee'd at my 'C' though lol.

Oh and I think Stephen Crabb has resigned now. Not really suprised, he's been annihilated lately in the press.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ahh I'm not after a career, it is just nice to formalise and get it on paper because I enjoy doing it xx Thank you for your thoughts, Still pee'd at my 'C' though lol.

Oh and I think Stephen Crabb has resigned now. Not really suprised, he's been annihilated lately in the press.
                                You can improve though - is the positive in all this. Look it like, C is where you're at in said subject, from where you start - not where you finish. Problem questions - limited number of words, so words are precious. Once you've drafted it, go over and over it again until you're sure you answered the question. It may sound brilliant well structured, answering the knowledge/ cognitive skills/ practical skills, but did it answer the question is what you have to ask yourself. It's a tried and tested formula, it works! Giving a brief intro at the beginning, obstacles, and potential remedies informs the tutor before he's even read it what to expect. Stick to this formula throughout. Then just give a brief summary as a conclusion. Don't waste words on citing the case with neutral (ie EWCA) or WLR...words are precious, so leave all this to your bibliography. Use ibid (short case name) to refer to the case if immediately referenced previously; use op cit (short case name) if you mentioned it at some point. This will safe your words.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X