• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form - Letter structure help *urgent* - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim form - Letter structure help *urgent*

Hi, unfortunately, they haven't backed off and sent me a letter dated at the 11th hour to say they have all intentions to fight it... sigh! https://www.dropbox.com/s/5we4f4stue..._9914.JPG?dl=0 - image uploader isnt working.

Not sure what to do at this stage.
    Attached Files

Comment

Wait for the court to give further instruction.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
        Wait for the court to give further instruction.
        M1
        I called them up and the case is stayed! Woo! BUT I received a letter from the parking job lot to inform me that they intend to take it further. Dated 3 days after te expiry date.

Comment

Originally posted by Fackers View Post
          I called them up and the case is stayed! Woo! BUT I received a letter from the parking job lot to inform me that they intend to take it further. Dated 3 days after te expiry date.

Interesting. It's like a victory but not really. It's cost prohibitive to do anything but discontinue, really.

Check again in a few weeks, just in case the court ballsed it up, then wait another few weeks and invite them to discontinue.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
            Interesting. It's like a victory but not really. It's cost prohibitive to do anything but discontinue, really.

Check again in a few weeks, just in case the court ballsed it up, then wait another few weeks and invite them to discontinue.

M1

I received a letter through the post today - NOTICE OF PROPOSED ALLOCATION TO THE SMALL CLAIMS TRACK.

They submitted the request to continue on the 4th August, deadline was 27th July. (3 month waver period apparently).

So following a phone call with the CCBC they advised me to read over the questionnaire and return.

What do I do, mediation, court? I will not pay no more than the local parking rate if necessary! But the amount they claim is ridiculous.

If you could help once again that would be fantastic!

Comment

Tick yes to mediation (they'll probably ignore that though) and select your local court. Send to both the court and the claimant.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...l-Claims-Track

M1

Comment

There's an update, we had mediation and their legal person wouldn't budge! I began low at £5, they threatened to not offer anything lower than their fee due to unreasonable demand of £5. It eventually went up as far as £80 but the lowest they would come down to was £180. It has now gone to a hearing which is on the 8th of Feb... I've been asked to provide everything as part of my argument, essentially that's all correspondence right?

Comment

Asked by who ?

M1

Comment

See attached cleansed letter,

NOTICE OF ALLOCATION TO THE SAMLL CLAIMS TRACK (HEARING) - Has the usual county court stamp in the top right.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Got you.

So all pictures, letters etc and your witness statement need to be served upon BW Legal and court by 22nd. Leave it until 21/22nd for hand delivery to the local court if possible or send19th to both.

You should get theirs around this time too which is why leaving it until late is advised so we can factor that in.

M1

Comment

I don't remember receiving any letters from them, maybe one but I took no notice of it as it looked fake.

The delay is so that there isn't any advantage to them is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Fackers View Post
                          I don't remember receiving any letters from them, maybe one but I took no notice of it as it looked fake.

The delay is so that there isn't any advantage to them is that correct?
                          Yes but also so we can react, if possible/required.

M1

Comment

Ian that to their response in court OR to what I submit?

Comment

No that's in response to their evidence that they have to send to you by the 22nd.

M1

Comment

Ok so I haven't received a response from the other party and i'm beginning to twitch a little. In the letter from the court, as attached above, Section 3 states that I need to write a 'written statement of themselves and of any other witness'. What does it mean by that, what do I need to say in this? Or is this the statement's i've already submitted?

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X