• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

P.O.s neighbours vs Lloyds!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.O.s neighbours vs Lloyds!!

Hi guys.
    I'm assisting my neighbours with their Lloyds accounts, and not having a Lloyds account myself it's unfamiliar.
    Apparently, they were told they had to accept some sort of upgrade a few years ago, and since then they have been charged £5.00 per month for the pleasure!
    Do Lloyds have to provide a signiture for the agreement? And, if they can, is there any way to claim the charges back, as they didn't want the upgrades? (I think it's Gold accounts)
    Also, presumably, they should be able to downgrade to a normal account without having to close them?

Thanks in advance, PO.
    Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
    Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
    HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

I would expect they would and i would expect they can save a fiver by downgrading the account to one that does not charge as well.

Comment

Hello peed,

Yes they can downgrade to a normal account, im paying £7 a month for my select account with them but only keping it because it works for me.
      Your neighbours can downgrade over the phone just by ringing up.

mistie

Comment

thank you, will pass it on

Comment

Right.... did the prelim, did the LBA, they've both received identical letters, in which they eventually say "I do hope you can see that we make our charging system as fair as possible - and why I can't agree to cancel your charges."
          They don't have, nor can they raise the money to go to Court, one claim is for £350.00 and the other is for £280.00. I was hoping that as they were such small amounts they wouldn't put up a fight! Guess I was wrong.
          I've read somewhere there iws an alternate way to getting the charges refunded, other than the Court. Could some kind person point me in the right direction, and tell me what is the correct procedure to go through.
          Ta Muchley. PO

Comment

Pee'd - have a read of this

http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...ourt-fees.html

they may be eligible - you don't have to be on benefits
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The alternative is the Financial Ombudsman Service (Financial Ombudsman Service), you need to get a final decision from the bank, then you can put in a complaint.

They have a link to a guide on complaints about bank charges on their homepage!

Like the courts, they are very busy, last I heard they were taking about 6 months to deal with charge reclaims.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X