• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

That referendum ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That referendum ...

Well we're only some 31 hours from the start of the Nation's most important vote that they may have to make this century. I think we will all be pleased when the telly is not saturated with opinion on this ( or the Euro 2016 ) and I wondered if anyone would like to have a stab at predicting the result, with of course no reference to which way their own bent is leaning ?

I believe at one time we had a psychic octopus called Paul in a tank doing something similar with his tentacles ....

I say it's a close run with 52% voting leave ... any other offers?

Tags: None

Re: That referendum ...

My guess has been fluctuating over the last 2 weeks but I will make a stab at 37% to leave v
    49% to stay. Naturally, at least 10% will manage to spoil their vote! I just hope it is a good turnout!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Just going off the standing ovation Boris got I think it will be a marginal win for leave.

Comment

lol, it was a very clap happy audience .... I think they were all fed happy pills on the way in.

40% Leave
        60% Remain

give or take.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          lol, it was a very clap happy audience .... I think they were all fed happy pills on the way in.
          'appen cause they are expecting us to be on the way out lol

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

40% Leave
            60% Remain

give or take.
            Quite a margin there lol.

57% Leave
            43% Remain
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
              Quite a margin there lol.

57% Leave
              43% Remain
              I did say give or take ... I actually think it should be more 30% leave 70% remain but that would just look silly
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

lol,, i wander how many people are looking up there Scottish ancestry just in case they need a fallback . i would go with 53<47 60% turnout. I think the problems come afterwards,

what will the winning side consider they have been given the go-ahead to do. Its worrying to have a vote with no solid promises from either side about how they will act afterwards. It sort of gives them free run to do what they want, and claim its by popular opinion,

I am realy trying to keep my very strong opinions to myself but,,,,,, anyone considering voting out,... maybe take a stroll to a war grave,,, look at the ages..... and ask yourself do you really feel you have the right to vote out.. or what gives you the right to IGNORE what they gave,

Sorry ..
                crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

This made sense to me and yes I do know times and things have changed, but for the better? that's the question

Rod Buck·

Had a wonderful conversation with an 18-year-old waitress in our local pub at the weekend about EU and Brexit and so on... She confessed she didn't know anything about it all, and wanted to know WHY we wanted to leave and control our own affairs again.
                  Lynn and I carefully explained to her what life was like in England when WE were 18 - and before the EU came to control everything.
                  That you could leave a job on Friday as an 18 year old, and have a choice of 4 or 5 more to walk into on Monday - WITHOUT nonsense like a CV. You got an interview then and there, and were told: "OK, you can have a try out - come and start tomorrow".
                  That the concept of Minimum Wage or Zero Hours contracts did not exist - that ANY firm offering such sh*t terms to people would never recruit ANYBODY - they would laugh, walk out the door, and down the road to somewhere better.
                  That University was FREE - no loans, etc, you didn't leave with £50,000 of debt with a degree that could still only get you a job at McBurgers.
                  That a house cost two and a half times a factory wage to buy - in today's terms about £40,000 max. That you could set up home together as man and wife at age 18 or 19, and afford to do it on ONE income, not TWO. We told her that Lynn had married at 18, and could shortly after stop work and have the babies she longed for. That I married at 22, my wife was 18, and I supported the two of us while we had two lovely children in quick succession. My wife did not HAVE to work - she chose to return to nursing later when the children were grown up enough.
                  This poor girl's eyes were like organ stops. She was comparing all this to the world SHE knew - but she had NO idea that anything different had EVER existed.
                  We told her that the place was NOT full or foreigners who bid up the price of houses and bid down the level of wages - foreigners to whom anything more than £30 a week is absolute RICHES, people that we can't keep out, courtesy of the EU.
                  How are the young EVER going to be able to make a sensible decision about Brexit when they know NOTHING about how life could be outside the EU?
                  The Remainers say that only old people want to Leave - well of course! We are the ones who KNOW how it used to be before the EU ruined everything. That life was better for ordinary people.
                  Spread this please, share it, show it to as many young people as you can. They can't make a rational decision until they KNOW.
                  We older people are the only ones who KNOW - we owe it to them to tell them!

Rod Buck

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                    This made sense to me and yes I do know times and things have changed, but for the better? that's the question

Rod Buck·

Had a wonderful conversation with an 18-year-old waitress in our local pub at the weekend about EU and Brexit and so on... She confessed she didn't know anything about it all, and wanted to know WHY we wanted to leave and control our own affairs again.
                    Lynn and I carefully explained to her what life was like in England when WE were 18 - and before the EU came to control everything.
                    That you could leave a job on Friday as an 18 year old, and have a choice of 4 or 5 more to walk into on Monday - WITHOUT nonsense like a CV. You got an interview then and there, and were told: "OK, you can have a try out - come and start tomorrow".
                    That the concept of Minimum Wage or Zero Hours contracts did not exist - that ANY firm offering such sh*t terms to people would never recruit ANYBODY - they would laugh, walk out the door, and down the road to somewhere better.
                    That University was FREE - no loans, etc, you didn't leave with £50,000 of debt with a degree that could still only get you a job at McBurgers.
                    That a house cost two and a half times a factory wage to buy - in today's terms about £40,000 max. That you could set up home together as man and wife at age 18 or 19, and afford to do it on ONE income, not TWO. We told her that Lynn had married at 18, and could shortly after stop work and have the babies she longed for. That I married at 22, my wife was 18, and I supported the two of us while we had two lovely children in quick succession. My wife did not HAVE to work - she chose to return to nursing later when the children were grown up enough.
                    This poor girl's eyes were like organ stops. She was comparing all this to the world SHE knew - but she had NO idea that anything different had EVER existed.
                    We told her that the place was NOT full or foreigners who bid up the price of houses and bid down the level of wages - foreigners to whom anything more than £30 a week is absolute RICHES, people that we can't keep out, courtesy of the EU.
                    How are the young EVER going to be able to make a sensible decision about Brexit when they know NOTHING about how life could be outside the EU?
                    The Remainers say that only old people want to Leave - well of course! We are the ones who KNOW how it used to be before the EU ruined everything. That life was better for ordinary people.
                    Spread this please, share it, show it to as many young people as you can. They can't make a rational decision until they KNOW.
                    We older people are the only ones who KNOW - we owe it to them to tell them!

Rod Buck

Hardly fair though to question an 18 year old waitress about Brexit. Any conversation is clearly one sided. It's a bit like the prosecution telling the defendant what their rights are. The girl is barely out of her young teens so explaining what life was like EU days, pre 1972 when most of use weren't born, is just too subjective. I am not necessarily pro EU, but there is more to the EU relationship than just certain sovereignty (Uk's laws versus EU's) issues and migration . It depends on the young girls life, she may take to business and or marry someone who has business interests. However, it is a very fascinating insight into your life in that era. The world has vastly changed though owing to the 6 billion world population currently and 3.7 billion in the 1970s. Interestingly the UK had 55 billion in the 1960s. However except for the 1960, where the population increased by 3 million, since the 1970s there has been a steady increase of 1 million approx. per decade except for 2000-2010, which recorded some 4 million increase. The 3 million in the 1960s is probably the Jamaican and African migrations, 2000-2010 is likely when the EU Treaty for freedom of movement (ie EU migration laws) was at its most powerful in terms of migration to the UK. Fascinating.

Comment

Nothing unfair about a history lesson imho especially a factual one. Yes it is fact cause I was there.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone to date ( is that good English? ) ...

Been speaking to a lot of locals here in deepest Sussex and I have yet to actually meet anyone who declares they are a 'Remain' voter. Those that I spoke to stated they are positively 'Leave' and will vote as such ... the rest are simply 'Don't know enough to make judgement and will therefore most likely abstain' . To me, that's an easy way out as they don't have to be troubled on the day or am I simply being cynical?

Then there are those I hear whose choice varies according to the 'leaning on the day', or more simply put, what has sounded good in the last 24 hours. I still think a lot of people will go with 'gut feeling' on this one and to be fair that's probably the way a lot people do it anyway. For sure, we can all be 'over informed' to the point where we like what we hear but have no idea if it's information with foundation.

In the meantime, I'll still stick with my 52% for the Leave campaign .... I've got that certain twinge.

Comment

ALL 18 YEAR OLDS SHOULD KNOW WHAT THIS REFERENDUM IS ABOUT. At 18 you can vote, drive, drink, join the armed services, have sex with any gender you like and get married.
                          Ah,isn’t it sweet that no one, except cynical old me, is allowing for the usual knuckle draggers who manage to spoil a simple voting slip!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                          ~ Anonymous

Comment

Not long to go.
                            We have had no proven or positive facts from either side, even less for the 18 yr olds who have no insight or clue as to life outside the EU.
                            What a dilemma for them that have known no other, why are they not more motivated ?

Comment

To be fair, Anyone who is younger than 60 will be a bit too young to remember life before the EU as they would have been children when we joined!
                              Anyway Snoopy, You did ask us not to debate this on here. Do you know that despite my post above I really do not know what way this will go. This is the first time I can honestly say I have no clue whatever and this is the first time I will probably stay up to watch the results.

~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X