• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Negligence in mental health questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Negligence in mental health questions

Originally posted by Fraggle45 View Post
    Do you think when writing my complaint letter it should be emotionally dead so to speak or have some emotion. At the moment it is written with fact with some emotion in highlighting how the harm affected me.

Was just wondering which way to go as too factual and no emotion might seem like there's nothing wrong with me yet as you say too emotional and you do lose credibility. Also I acknowledge that I did do some wrong things - do I be upfront with detail or wait until the mental health team highlight it? My problem has always been that I'm too honest for my own good
    My opinion is stick to the facts like glue and try not to use emotive words/ terms. They will try to blame your existing mental condition for the situation you're in now, and if you use emotional stuff it'll just reinforce their case. Use your evidence cites professionals' reports if it benefits you. Cite NHS procedure if it benefits you. Make reference to conversation between you and NHS staff. Do not use emotion - the Ombudsman can make inferences of your poor treatment by the NHS professionals from the facts as you present them than for you to use emotional language, which will damage your case. You're permitted to have an opinion but make it part of your conclusion.

Comment

Re: Negligence in mental health questions

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      Of course it's not your fault for being damaged. How could it be. Please don't think like that.

You say they then "dumped" you. Does this mean you're no longer getting any help for your mental health issues?

Look into whether you have any statutory right to a Mental Health Advocate to help you through this rough patch. You can read about that potential option here > http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s.../#.V39vw5VRFLM
      ^ ^ ^ ^ I posted this earlier on your thread.

I think it may still be relevant.

You shouldn't have to deal with this issue alone.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X