• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group, no Credit agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group, no Credit agreement

I sent in a CCA request 2 years ago to Aktiv Kapital now PRA Group, they told me they could not obtain the documents from the other DC who they purchased this debt from a couple of months prior to that and that the account would be put on hold until such time they find the CA, the debt is for a Lloyds credit card with about £4200 owing, it was taken out 13 years ago.
    Today I received a letter threatening litigation if I do not pay up or make arrangements to pay monthly, they have given me 14 days to respond or else!!!! there is still no mention of the credit agreement!

What action can they take against me?
    Should I just ignore them?
    Should I be worried?

Thanks in advance:tinysmile_twink_t2:
    Tags: None

PRA Group, no Credit agreement

I sent in a CCA request 2 years ago to Aktiv Kapital now PRA Group, they told me they could not obtain the documents from the other DC who they purchased this debt from a couple of months prior to that and that the account would be put on hold until such time they find the CA, the debt is for a Lloyds credit card with about £4200 owing, it was taken out 13 years ago.
    Today I received a letter threatening litigation if I do not pay up or make arrangements to pay monthly, they have given me 14 days to respond or else!!!! there is still no mention of the credit agreement!

Should I be worried?

Comment

Re: PRA Group, no Credit agreement

Originally posted by barney47 View Post

Should I be worried?

Hi,

Q1, Issue a County Court Claim. PRA has a host of debt inherited from AK and they have no idea of the status of these debts.

Q2. NO.

Q3. No.

I'm afraid you need to start the CCA process again, ( template in the Green Box above) Use a Postal Order for the £1 fee, mark it clearly " For Statute Fee Only" make a copy and keep for your records.
      Use signed for post and check and print out delivery date and signature.

nem

Comment

Should I be worried?

Hi Barney,

You seem to have 2 threads on the same subject please keep to one as it causes confusion.

I have replied on the other one.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem will fire a request off in the morning

Comment

Thanks both of you, a CCa request was sent recorded and signed for this morning so I wait for a reply, I will post again on here when or if it happens!!

Comment

Need some help here, I sent a CCA request to PRA Group on 15th June, they sent me a threatening letter back today about the debt is now in the hands of their litigation department and its going to court if I dont pay up with no mention of the CCA request , I can post a copy on here if thats any help?

Comment

Need some help here, I sent a CCA request to PRA Group on 15th June, they sent me a threatening letter back today about the debt is now in the hands of their litigation department and its going to court if I dont pay up with no mention of the CCA request , I can post a copy on here if thats any help?
                Hi barney

They have 12 days (+2 for post) to come up with the goods.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  Hi barney

They have 12 days (+2 for post) to come up with the goods.
                  This is why I dont understand the reason for threatening me with court action before that time is even up.

Comment

Have you checked with Royal Mail for signed delivery of the CCA request?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      Have you checked with Royal Mail for signed delivery of the CCA request?
                      No I havnt.....I had better do that on Monday

Comment

LOL! sorry theres been a communication breakdown between my wife and I, they have acknowledged receipt of the CCA request and sent the £1 back a week ago, so I am still at a loss as to why the threatening letter!!

Comment

LOL! sorry theres been a communication breakdown between my wife and I, they have acknowledged receipt of the CCA request and sent the £1 back a week ago, so I am still at a loss as to why the threatening letter!!

Have you stated on here what this alleged debt is for? (Credit card, loan, o/draft etc}

Update
                          Sorry, just seen credit card.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

It was for a credit card from 17 years ago, i was making payments to BlairOliver and Scott but when Aktiv Kapital bought the debt I sent in a CCa request, this was 3 years ago! they did reply back then saying the CA could not be found but now PRA GRoup who owned Aktiv are getting very threatening so I sent them a CCA request a week ago.....this is as far as its got untill the letter of court action today.

Comment

If the alleged debt is SB, they still seem to chase it unless you inform them of the fact.
                              Have you sent them an SB letter?
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X