• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private parking charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private parking charge

I was issued with parking charge from civil enforcement parking company. The alleged incident was 17.2.16 but the PCN issue date was 15.3.16. I have read various entries on other forums that state that it is therefore unenforceable as it wasn't issued within 14 days. Could someone please clarify this? My Popla appeal has failed and I'm wondering whether to carry on fighting this case or just paying them. Very grateful for advice
    Tags: None

Re: Private parking charge

It is unenforceable against the keeper, from what you say. Do they know who was driving ?

What was your appeal and the decision reasoning ?

M1

Comment

Hi thanks for replying. I am the owner and driver of the vehicle and yes civil enforcement know this. When I received the pcn I appealed directly to them on the basis that I was a legitimate customer of the leisure centre where I had parked and I submitted proof of my swimming booking on the day. I simply didnt realise I was supposed to register my number plate within the leisure centre. I appealed to Popla in the same way and also submitted photos stating the signage was inadequate. This was rejected. I was only now wondering if I would win a court decision based on the fact the pcn took 4 weeks to be issued. There was nothing left on my car at the time they used anpr cameras. Thank you again

Comment

If they are pursuing you as the driver, which you have admitted, then they have a good case as supplying the Notice To Keeper late is irrelevant.

Your best bet now would be to contact the leisure centre and demand that they cancel the ticket because of the unclear signage. You may have a chance in court if the signs that can easily be seen from the place you parked make no mention of having to enter your registration number at reception and there is also no easily visible sign in reception.

Comment

Thank you. I will contact the leisure centre but since they have handed the management of their car park to civil enforcement I don't expect much help. Could anyone tell me how likely civil enforcement are to take this to court? And if so will they turn up? I'm happy to fight my corner properly but if I lose what sought of extra fees might I have to pay? Just trying to get an idea of whether it is worth my time and worry! Thanks

Comment

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Civil_Enforcement.html

They issue a few more claims than that, usually in big batches but more often than not, when faced with a decent defence, they fold.

If you lost, i'd estimate £200-£250 in total.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X