• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The EU referendum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The EU referendum

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    Another foul up announced this morning voter registration site goes down maybe thousands now without a vote (BBC News) checks to see if the dead line legally or technically!

nem
    Yes a cock up, but my thoughts, people have been told they must register for months and months, even if undecided they had no need to leave it until the last minute.
    If they do get an extension am sure 'fiddle' will come into discussion from whichever side loses.

Comment

IF the vote is leave does anyone honestly believe we will this and future governments will stall and find ways to stay its a very poor exercise in democracy

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
        Yes a cock up, but my thoughts, people have been told they must register for months and months, even if undecided they had no need to leave it until the last minute.
        If they do get an extension am sure 'fiddle' will come into discussion from whichever side loses.
        Human nature kicks in it's rather like the passenger at the airport saying " don't worry they can't leave without us" last minute actions seem to be part of our way of life.

nem

Comment

Imagine the future..................when you can go to the hairdressers & be asked if you want a "boris" or a "trump" The new atlantic alliance.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
            while you may think i missed your point, you perhaps hadn't considered the alternative, being i chose to ignore it.
            Well if you either missed the point in my view or you omitted the point in your view, you nonetheless didn't answer the point. So, what is the point of answering your point even though you make no point. Hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
              Well if you either missed the point in my view or you omitted the point in your view, you nonetheless didn't answer the point. So, what is the point of answering your point even though you make no point. Hmm
              What a load of pointless???:tinysmile_twink_t2: rubbish:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
              Sparkie

Comment

On a lighter note..
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                  On balance I will vote in . Partly I dont want to be left alone on a small island with a bunch of tories, and partly I think we will have more influence in the long run in . IF we leave I fear we have to pay to trade and it will be more than we pay now without the rebate and grants. The EU needs reform and we are better at being in the eu .
                  I feel the most important thing is for people to vote. The larger the number of votes the more legitimacy the referendum has . Remember that the government is not bound by the result and there isa cabal of in MPs who may vote against the leave act . If the result is very close on a very small turnout then the government may be justified in ignoring the result and carrying on .
                  The main countries are unlikely to stop trade between them and the UK, it might cost a little more to trade with other countries for a temporary period. However, if we are no longer under EU law ie we repeal the European Communities Act we can still enter into negotiations with those EU countries we just won't have the EU backing. Look at all the German, French, Italian cars in the UK, it seems unlikely those manufacturers will cut their own throats, so to speak. Look at alcohol imports, and electronics ie Graundig these markets require the UK's 60 million population.

Comment

Ok coming back to this important and somewhat very confusing situation we have before us.
                    Point 1 on my understanding of the referendum

I don't want any OTT explanations am a simple girl with a simple mind.

The laws the EU has made re employment, holiday pay, agency workers, maternity pay etc, all well and good and all gratefully received, but answer me this, has not the zero hrs contracts not taken the P out of the said laws?
                    The fact that you must now work for 2 yrs before being able to take any action re unfair dismissal etc and pay a lot more and only if you can afford it to start the proceedings.
                    Just seems to me they have given and hath taken away, given because they were made to and taken away just because they can.

Comment

We will hear a lot of b****cks regarding trade from the politicians but I can tell you this...At a recent meeting of a major car manufacturer in the UK my husband was told that the company would have to reconsider it’s position in the UK if we leave the EU. Serious CEOs of major companies who export to the EU and employ many thousands of British workers are against leaving. These people are experts in trade and firmly believe a levy of at least 10% would be added to their export costs in the form of import duties. We would also loose the advantage of preferential duty rates the EU have secured with the rest of the world. Yes we could still trade but not compete with the prices offered by those manufacturing in the EU countries. Not a single plausible explanation has been given as to why the rest of Europe would waver import duty on British goods if we leave.
                      On the recent televised debate a chap argued that people coming into his shop did not know who their MEP was -Well, they should have voted in the EU elections-then they would know.
                      We have a say in Europe -we elect our MEPs who have a casting vote in the decisions we claim are imposed upon us -We have a voice in how the EU is run. If you vote for your MEP and are unhappy with EU legislation you badger him just like your councillor and MP.
                      We are not bullied by Europe and we have the same power there as every other country.
                      We must also filter through the laws and legislation we object to and be absolutely sure these are based on EU directives and not from Westminster because I can see a lot of people are confused by this. As for benefits they must conform to EU basic boundaries but are set by the UK-In Ireland the benefits system is a lot more generous and they are part of the EU!
                      As for health -That is simply mismanaged -mismanaged by British politicians and British bureaucrats. It is the sixth largest employer in the world for heavens sake! It needs better management and not just more money flung at it.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                      ~ Anonymous

Comment

Well at least 2 MEPS of ours are willing to give up their well paid full of perks jobs and leave.
                        Also there are a few big businesses I have heard of keen on Brexit, ie Wetherspoons, JCB, Forte hotels to name just a few like I say

Comment

Oh and another thing, before I am shoved off my soap box…...My husband may be out of work by the end of the year if we vote to leave for 2 reasons; The majority of his customers are based in the EU and a European company offering millions of pounds of much needed investment will not get involved if we cast ourselves adrift.
                          Now people who will not be directly affected may tell you it will not destroy foreign trade but the EXPERTS insist it will. So who should we believe? Successful business people employing thousands of workers or people who have been lying to us for years?

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                          ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                            Well at least 2 MEPS of ours are willing to give up their well paid full of perks jobs and leave.
                            Also there are a few big businesses I have heard of keen on Brexit, ie Wetherspoons, JCB, Forte hotels to name just a few like I say
                            Well, it won’t effect Wetherspoon and Forte so much and JCB may change their tune when the plant hire companies in Ireland for example suddenly turn to other manufacturers such as Bobcat.

Actually thinking of Wetherspoon…..if I have to pay more for a bottle of wine...FOR GOD’S SAKE DON’T VOTE LEAVE!!!!!!!:scared:

~ Anonymous

Comment

I hate Wethersppons own brands lol but I do think , well I know thye employ a lot of people and thats what counts

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
                                We will hear a lot of b****cks
                                We certainly do and I've just seen some.

Fast forward to about 1mim 40 seconds to the NHS ''Inside EU - Outside EU'' ad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...leave-09062016

Complete and utter scaremongering b****cks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X