• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Have I been scammed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I been scammed.

I need to know if I have been scammed again.

On a recent holiday to Tenerife, my wife and I paid a subscription fee for cheap holidays. The companies involved are Luxury Leisure Group, Globe Trekking S.L. and Travel Home & Adventure S.L.

What we have found on the internet since getting home has started alarm bells ringing.

We were initially contacted by Orange Sun Travel who stated that as we had been a customer of Club Class Holidays they could recover the money we lost with them. They would provide a weeks accommodation for free in Tenerife where we would meet with a lawyer who would recover the lost money.

During this meeting we were talked into subscribing to the companies mentioned earlier. All that was on offer seemed to be worthwhile, but, we mis-understood what the subscription fee was for and signed up not realising the full consequences of our actions.

They say that as the contract is automatically renewed (free of charge) every 364 days it is not covered by the 2011 EU Timeshare Directive and as such does not have a 14 day cooling-off period and we would lose all the money we paid on the day if we cancelled.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Have I been scammed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-7m-fraud.html

https://mindtimeshare.me/2015/01/08/...b-memberships/

http://orangesuntravel.com/

About us

Formed in 2003 as an Anglo/Polish entity, our head office is based in the Eastern European city of Krakow.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

How did you get on with this? Same thing has happened to my parents and I really need to try and help them

Comment

Hello ,

This happened to me with Luxury Leisure Group a week ago. Just came back and Not sure what to do now. I don't want to proceed with them any longer? Received some answers on Trip adviser such as : "Avoid at all cost's",
        "Scam timeshare company, don´t touch them. The also trade as Orange Sun Travel, Slonce Marketing, Home Adventure, etc etc."

Did you make any progress? Can you give any advice?

Comment

No progress as such although very good free advice from the European Consumer Centre : they are a government supported group and I found them to be highly knowledgeable about your rights and what actions you should take, their number is 01268 886690 - they have referred the case to their equivalents in Spain to progress on my behalf as discussions with Luxury Leisure Group have been futile. They can advise you about the wording to use on the cancellation letter, do send the letter recorded delivery and keep your posting receipt.

I also supplied details of what happened to my parents credit card company and they are progressing this also, we won't know until mid december if this route is successful.

Its despicable the way these people have behaved, I wish you luck and please do let me know how you get on

Originally posted by HEH View Post
          Hello ,

This happened to me with Luxury Leisure Group a week ago. Just came back and Not sure what to do now. I don't want to proceed with them any longer? Received some answers on Trip adviser such as : "Avoid at all cost's",
          "Scam timeshare company, don´t touch them. The also trade as Orange Sun Travel, Slonce Marketing, Home Adventure, etc etc."

Did you make any progress? Can you give any advice?

Comment

http://www.ukecc.net/
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Sorry to hear you have been caught I sorry to say so have I . I ask the credit card company to investigate but I am not holding my breath.Perhaps all the people who have been scammed should unit and try to fight then legally as a group ? What do you think ?

Comment

Thanks for the advice I did contact ECC and found them very helpful.They recommended I write to the credit card company to make a claim witch I have done today so I will have to wait and see I am not holding my breath.Perhaps if we all unite and seek some legal advice collectively to save on costs ?

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamonnuts View Post
                  Thanks for the advice I did contact ECC and found them very helpful.They recommended I write to the credit card company to make a claim witch I have done today so I will have to wait and see I am not holding my breath.Perhaps if we all unite and seek some legal advice collectively to save on costs ?
                  Im pleased to say that our bank has confirmed that we have been successful in challenging these payments and that my parents have had a full refund.

Comment

Originally posted by diane connors View Post
                    Im pleased to say that our bank has confirmed that we have been successful in challenging these payments and that my parents have had a full refund.
                    That is a good news.
                    I have asked my credit card to investigate and now it will take about 8 weeks before I will get an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamonnuts View Post
                      Sorry to hear you have been caught I sorry to say so have I . I ask the credit card company to investigate but I am not holding my breath.Perhaps all the people who have been scammed should unit and try to fight then legally as a group ? What do you think ?
                      I think it s great idea. This people should be stopped earning on someone else's misery. This is a daylight robbery.

Comment

How are things progressing, I am just back from Tenerife having regrettably agreed with this? Frankly, I am worried sick Did your parents ever hear from them again?

Comment

Hi. We are currently in Tenerife and had read this thread shortly before the lovely Debra come for a follow up courtesy call this morning.

We foolishly signed up to this scam yesterday.

We came over with the promise of no win no fee for a time share claim. Luckily for us the credit card we had was pretty full so instead of the £4000 they asked for we only paid out £1400.

We were told £8000 would be put into our account at the end of the month. Some to be used to clear our cards and then the remainder to be paid into luxury holidays hong kong account which is how they make their money as this generates cash flow and 12.9% interest. It was not made clear even when asked where the money came from and didn't even think at the time to ask who pays it back.

We were then told they would then ask us to try out their holiday travel agents and all this promise of great saving which eventually led to sound like a holiday saving scheme with free accommodation in the Canary Islands, complimentary sovereign points etc etc. All was asked was that from the £16000 they won back for us we invested £150 into their business by trying their services. Sounded great! No win no fee, money back and cheap holidays for next 5 years!

This morning with Debs we had some heated questions and we were eventually informed that we were to take out the £8000 loan to facilitate the claim for £20000 against our old timeshare company. £4000 of this money was to register to become tax exempt so we got to keep 100% of our claim and £4000 to use the exclusive holiday services (not a club apparently) our major concern is they were not honest at all about this yestrday and obviously sent debs round this morning knowing we would have looked into this more and ready to fight for our business still. She didn't put us at ease at all. So basically have now discovered we have been duped into taking out an £8000 loan which we are to hand over to them (not using our money they said!) as then our claim will cover the £8000 cost. No satisfactory answer when asked what if our claim was for less the £8000 we had to pay out and certainly no guarantee as to what would happen if they failed to win our case for the £16000. ALSO they said the claim for missold time share would be against the banks not the timeshare company, would this be possible???

Feel a bit gutted to be duped again by these people. My stance is I can't afford to risk £8000 in the chance of getting back £16000 and therefore would not be willing to proceed especially in light of the fact they were not at all honest about the circumstances in how they operated in the first place. The guy we spoke to yesterday was not at all on the same song sheet as the woman today even omitting to inform us if the exsistance of a mr john Gibson who would be facilitating the loan for us and stating it was not costing us anything.

Shock to hear today we were now facing walking away from the £1400 we paid out or handing over a further £6600 for them to carry on with our claim. Apparently we could just pay £4000 to be registered for the tax exemption and not pay into the holiday benefits, but they would then not treat our claim with as much urgency and would then delay it. I would love to hear from anyone who has gone through with this process and if anyone actually won any money back.
                          Last edited by Amethyst; 19th April 2017, 10:31:AM.

Comment

Cancel with this 'claims' company - reclaim the £1400 from your credit card company, and investigate properly whether you have a claim against Club class Timeshare. I'm not entirely sure what you have signed up to.... did you travel to Tenerife to stay in 'free' accomodation (so you just paid for flights) on the proviso you had this meeting with 'Debra' to sign up to the 'claim' ?

The rest is you signing up to a scheme to claim against Club Class Timeshare? Did you have a Club Class timeshare?

Do you have any paperwork from this ? Can you photograph and post it on here?

As another member said trying speaking with the European Consumer Centre 01268 886690 as they seem to be very helpful.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The time share company we were looking at claiming for for mis sell (12 years back now) was azure resorts and the radison golden sands resort in malta. Would love to get some compensation for that but not at the cost of getting into debt etc.
                              Have spoken to credit card co and have started a dispute so happy we should get our money back fingers crossed. The more I go through it the more I see inconsistencies in the companies story and promises. 😡 We have travelled to Tenerife and are staying in accommodation provided by this company Luxury leisure and now they have maxed out our credit card don't feel it's safe to cancel with them until we are on our way home as if they were able to get us removed from or not pay for the accommodation we would be stuck with no where to stay and a 3 year old in tow!
                              I have paperwork from the contract and information we signed up to yesterday, but only emails from the timeshare properties we owned before and were going to make the claim for. I didn't really understand how the banks could be held responsible for us buying into a timeshare in the first place which is what luxury leisures claimed. Thanks for your response.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X