• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CABOT and RBS cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CABOT and RBS cards

I just want to run something past you all and see what you think.
    I had two different credit cards taken out with the RBS group , I stopped paying in 2013 or so and after sometime both accounts stopped contacting me. In fact I have not heard from one for over a year and the other something like 2 years. At one time they were both sending me monthly statements but as i said, these stopped.

It seems that both accounts have now been sold to Cabot and I have now had two phone calls , one last week which I answered and they said were from Cabot , I said it was not convenient and to call back today and another today that i googled and was from DLC.

I am posting two separate CCA requests with separate cheques but in the same envelope to the head office in West Malling ( addressed to Deborah Green ). I would like to add something about only communicating in writing but not quite sure how to phrase this without actually admitting the debt .

I was thinking
    Dear Ms Green
    Further to your letters and telephone calls , I would like to inform you I had previously instructed RBS not only did I not accept or acknowledge the validity of any accounts but I also did not wish to be contacted by telephone.
    As you have now taken over these disputed accounts , I understand that you have also taken on all duties and responsibilities and as such further phone calls are breaching my previous instructions.
    If I receive any more phone calls I will forward my complaint to the FOS along with recordings of any calls ,

For clarity, any communication must be in writing by post
    Yours
    Berti

Any thoughts?

On another sort of note, I have read that regular statements are necessary and while the creditor is in default , no enforcement can take place. Well surely if this is the case, now the accounts have been sold, the new owners can not send retrospective statements because at the time they were not the creditor- if you see what I mean
    Tags: None

Re: CABOT and RBS cards

Hi
    Well oddly I have received another letter from Cabot regarding one of the accounts dated 4th June which is 2 days after they received the CCA requests. It doesn't mention anything about the request just the same sort of letter as the previous ones I received. We are now on the 7th working day after they received the request.
    Oddly on Tuesday they told me in a telphone call that they had requested the agreements, received them and posted them out.

I wonder if that was another lie

Comment

Re: CABOT and RBS cards

It was obviously a lie because today I received a letter saying that they have requested the documents from the original creditor. The letter went on to say that they are aware that after 12 days the agreements become unenforceable but they expect to have a response within 40 days and if not they will write to me again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X