• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Claim letter = lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Claim letter

Much ado about nothing.

Have you filled yours in and sent to the court and PE ?

M1

Comment

No. I didn't get anything for me to fill in!
      Should I have received something similar?
      Thanks.

Comment

Yes. They probably sent the wrong form. Give the phone a quick phone to see if they sent a DQ out for you to fill in.

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

My form has arrived today.
          Few queries again, before I send it away.

1. Should I ask for mediation service? PE has rejected it already but I was thinking that If I say yes, it might slow the process a little bit more and cause them some irritation

2. For the sake of convenience, is it ok to ask for hearing at my local county court ie Maidstone?

3. As in the above form, what should I say about using written evidence of an expert or other witnesses?

Thanks

Comment

1. Yes because you want to appear reasonable.

2. Standard request which should be granted.

3. No experts and you are a witness. Only other witnesses you might have are people who were present at the time, if needed.

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

I have received letter from Court confirming that hearing is in November.
              PE has sent me a thick dossier >100 pages about how they intend to proceed in court.
              Initially I felt that they weren't aware that I had paid 2 pounds but they have mentioned that I should have paid 3.60.
              It has got details of all the letters they have sent me, their contracts about the car park and copies of Beavis judgement & few other cases etc.

I also received a WITHOUT PREJUDICE(SAVE AS TO COSTS) letter with an offer to pay 125 pounds to avoid going to court.

There will an advocate from LPC law in court from their side on the day.

Do you think I also need to get a solicitor?
              They have mentioned they are seeking to recover outstanding parking charge plus costs.
              How much could these costs amount in case they win?

Could you guide me on how to proceed further?

Thanks again.

Comment

Do you think I also need to get a solicitor?
                It would cost more than you are being sued for. A solicitor may not even be up to speed on parking matters. You could do so but in my opinion the value in doing so isnot there and you'd be as well negotiating or paying the £125 as getting a solicitor. http://www.bmpa.eu/ might have people that can turn up with you to help but again, it's not free. Better knowledge of parking matters than your average solicitor though, in most cases.

How much could these costs amount in case they win?
                As you have behaved reasonably it is unlikely they would get more than the £175. That's usually what they get.

Could you guide me on how to proceed further?
                If you consider that you wish to pay, don't take the £125 as a final offer. PE would lose more than they win given LPC would take more than £175 to turn up for them.

Otherwise follow the court process and stick to time tables. Ask for help you need.

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

I had the court hearing this week. Parking Eye won and Judge ordered me to pay £200.
                  Judge said that Beavis judgement was applicable in my case.
                  I also mentioned about having paid extra which should have covered for overstay. She said 'I have sympathy for the defendant but this has no legal basis'.

Thanks again for your help.
                  I thought you would like know the outcome.

Regards

Comment

Sadly that is how some judges see it. You need a fair bit of determination and knowledge to try and get a different case through, particularly when you get a judge that goes "Beavis says you're fecked, pay up" without listening to a valid argument about what the higher courts have said.

Pity.

M1

Comment

It is regarded as Judges "Mis-Directing themselves" - and they get away with it Why - they cannot be accused of making silly mistakes or ignoring Regulation/legislation. law for one and no law for the other! comes to mind.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X