• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ford Options Voluntary Termination Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ford Options Voluntary Termination Help please

No worries, let us know what happens - you may wish to re-read the letter before printing I've spotted a couple of minor grammatical errors that you would want to correct.

Just something to note, I have not come across any dealings with Ford on here so their position of passing it to a debt purchaser is new to me. It may very well be possible that Link Financial will seek to recover the sums through court and if this is the case I would suggest fighting it as you have a very good chance of winning. Also if you take your complaint to the Ombudsman then in theory they should halt all proceedings until the complaint has been investigated and a decision has been made - don't expect that to happen but we can certainly point it out to them.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob Yes I did fix the minor errors and yes will definitely have to just wait and see what the next step might be .

Comment

[MENTION=23709]rob[/MENTION] well this is the response from ford any help you give greatly appreciated

- - - Updated - - -
        [MENTION=23709]rob[/MENTION] well this is the response from ford any help you give greatly appreciated

Comment

Hi Cathy,

Can't see anything you have uploaded?
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=23709]rob[/MENTION] I thought I had ? I'm on my phone as away at mo will try again now

Comment

Re: ford Options Voluntary Termination Excess Milage

Hi [MENTION=23709]rob[/MENTION] this is their response from my letter to them any help greatly appreciated please note that the agreed mileage on the original agreement was 6000 they are saying 9000 page but the calculation is based on 6000 @ 0.06p ?
              Attached Files

Comment

Well the next steps I guess would be to complaint to the financial ombudsman since you appear to be getting nowhere. the FOS are a bit hit and miss depending on who you get so you may not get the right result.

Their argument about excess mileage exceeding means the car is in an unreasonable condition, well what is their proof? they are not an expert on that nor have the supplied any expert evidence to support their claim. The car is more likely to be in better condition on long journeys like motorways than city driving because there is less stop/start so that argument falls through the pan.

they've obviously made the mistake on the minimum mileage allowance - 6,000 is very low considering that most people on average do 10-12k miles per year so perhaps if you feel like you were mis-sold on that basis you could include that also but that obviously depends on your original discussions.

By the way if you want to tag me properly you need to use a 0 (zero) instead of an o, otherwise I will not be able to pick up the notice.
                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] hope I tagged you correctly shall I call them up and say that the calculation is incorrect as the figure would be only £399 based on that response from them ? also is there a template of a letter to appeal to the ombudsman ?
                  They have passed to link financial collections they had already done this before I got a response from them regarding the official complaint , as a letter arrived stating it had been passed so I called them up on my nephews behalf as I had permission from him to speak to them , they said it was an error that it had been passed before the outcome of the complaint. Then 3 days later the letter came concluding there case.

Comment

Yes I got that now thanks, ignore Link Financial for now or until you receive a letter from them, then we will deal with it at that point.

Does your contract say 6,000 or 9,000 miles? If its 6,000 no point arguing that it is based on 9,000 because that could be a simple mistake and plus it says in your terms 6,000 so its just going to be more confusing.

I don't have a set template per say as complaints to the FOS is based on individual circumstances, but I can knock something up based on what the facts you have given but its going to take a few days
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Hi [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] I have just checked the agreement and it says 6000 , although my nephew said it was 9000 discussed at the time of sale and that he never checked the agreement in fine detail before signing it !
                      only the terms ie monthly figure and term etc.
                      I said that I thought that was extremely low 6000, just wanted to see if worthwhile calling them regarding error or to just give information to the ombudsman.
                      I would really really appreciate your help with that letter to them - your last one was amazing

Comment

I'll try do something over the weekend for you
                        LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                          I'll try do something over the weekend for you
                          Thankyou so much really appreciated

Comment

Hi [MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] I know you must be really busy just wanted to ask if you had any more thoughts on helping me with a letter to construct to the ombudsman ? totally understand if you are unable to help .

Comment

Hi
                              well my update so far is that the ombudsman have not found in my favour as the contract was signed stating excess mileage would be charged I have 2 weeks to respond should I have any further information is there anything else I should put forward any help greatly appreciated .

Comment

In your contract there should be a statement that says "Termination: Your Rights" and it says as long as you have paid half and took reasonable care of the goods you will not have to pay anymore.

Copy and paste that to the Okbudsman's and say it also says this so there is a conflict of clauses, one says you don't need to pay anymore and one says you do.

you don't have to accept the ombudsman decision but if you do its legally binding between both parties
                                LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X