• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED!!** PCN received from parking cowboys advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **DISCONTINUED!!** PCN received from parking cowboys advice needed

hello i am a new poster on this site , i hope you will accept me , your comments will be appreciated, X arranged to meet , and have a coffee at the villa express Kirkham , and on arrival the person X was to meet were waiting in the vehicle , X drove into car park the waiting vehicle was the only one one site , X stopped next to the vehicle and they stated that they had to get to Southampton and didn't have time to stay for coffee, wished X all the best and followed X out of the carpark ,X had left the engine running never left MY car and was on the carpark for no longer that 5 minutes. A PCN arrived through the post stating that my vehicle had been observed at the c/p over the maximum allowed time and signs were displayed there. I went back to the c/p ( didn't take car in ) and checked the sign which stated ( and i took photo ) 3 hours maximum stay , park within the bay lines . I ignored this letter but i contacted the person X was meeting and they had not received a PCN and it might be a scam . Forward some over 110 days and i receive another letter notification of keeper liability and i didn't tell them who the driver was . It stated that on a date at least 15 months before this incident took place they sent me a notice to keeper in relation to this , i again ignored , then a final demand arrive 2 weeks later stating no payment made and they were giving me another 14 days to pay. Earlier this week I've have again been down to the c/p walked on site and again checked the signs , low and behold the have been amended , again photo taken ,the have now stated , 2 hours max stay , ANPR camera installed and parking allowed whilst using the facilities, if i get taken to small claims court , i will look forward to hopefully have my 10 minutes say , if i had broken the rules i would have paid up but i am not guilty in the instance so will take my chance , what are chances of being taken to court by these cowboys who are looking for the easy buck from innocent motorists ,
    Tags: None

Re: PCN received from parking cowboys advice needed

Depends on which company it is.

Keep everything. Have you spoken to the place you got coffee ?

M1

Comment

hello , X didn't get as far as coffee , never left vehicle or switched engine off , all paper work kept , will the wrong date on notice to keeper help my defence( 2nd letter ) as stated it was at least 15 months before the incident happened

Comment

Well as you never exceeded the time and in any event didn't exceed the grace period keep everything together and see if the do court. Sounds like an easy win for you if they do.

M1

Comment

Thanks , the only thing that niggles a bit , is the proof the vehicle was on the c/p , there are cameras on the entrance to site , they will have hopefully got pictures , but can they alter ( fudge) the times on the evidence photo or whatever , maybe they wouldn't stoop so low , but these Cowboys will try every trick in the book to get my money , they did state that the vehicle was observed and that I had parked over the maximum allowed time

Comment

Only UKPC, as far as i'm aware have been caught doing this.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
              Only UKPC, as far as i'm aware have been caught doing this.

M1
              hello m1 , thanks for your coments ect , do i just sit tight ,make no contact with the parking cowboys ,and see what the postman brings , as i said to you ,i not sure of what they have regarding evidence of my vehicle on c/p , they have cctv on site , i asked at the hotel on site , they refferd me to the pub , i didn't given them any info just asked if they had cctv , ( hotel said they hadn't ) the pub said they had but only on entrance , but they wouldn't allow me to see it without permission , conflict of opinion , if the do take me to court , will they have to prove that my vehicle was exceeding the allowed parking time , or will i have to prove otherwise , i will keep you informed , should DVLA have allowed them to get my details if the evidence supports me and not them , have i a claim against DVLA , thanks X

Comment

Pretty much, yes.

Unless they do court you just wait for any potential debt to be statute barred(6 Years)

M1

Comment

Pretty much, yes.

Unless they do court you just wait for any potential debt to be statute barred(6 Years)

M1
                  Good morning M1, well as discussed in last post i have today received a letter regarding the PCN sent to me , it is from a debt recovery firm VANQUISH , final demand , asking me the keeper, to settle the a/c before the 17th JULY the sum of £160 , no further correspondence will be sent , the next letter i will receive will be court proceedings, they have also listed documents available on request which they will rely on in court , including Photographic evidence, and the 3 letters they have already sent , i no that they cannot have photo evidence of me being on the c/p 3 hours because i wasn't so if they have its a fudged photo , should i acknowledge this letter asking for the proof or ? , if i have to go to court I'm prepared to do so , what line of action do you advise THANKS

Comment

Normally i'd say Vanquish, being a debt collector having no right to sue, should be ignored. However, if they're offering up information it'd be rude not to.

M1

Comment

Normally i'd say Vanquish, being a debt collector having no right to sue, should be ignored. However, if they're offering up information it'd be rude not to.

M1
                      hello M1 i may be slow on uptake , when you say rude not to , do you mean write to them asking for evidence i.e. PHOTO , they still don't no who the driver was , if i need to write or email is it to the parking co or vanquish and what details do i give them THANKS MIKE

Comment

Email them and ask for what they offered. If you want to, of course. Ignoring is probably still best.

M1

Comment

Email them and ask for what they offered. If you want to, of course. Ignoring is probably still best.

M1
                          hello Thanks for all your help , i will ignore their letter { vanquish) ,if it gets as far as court proceedings will i get correspondence from the court and vanquish , with instructions of dates ect or ? , i haven't been in this position before , and am i right in thinking that the PCN company in BLACKPOOL are the same company as Vanquish THANKS MIKE

Comment

Vanquish, who don't own the "debt" will have nothing to do with any claim.

You will get correspondence from the claimant and the court in the event a claim is filed. The claimant needs enough evidence to make their claim and they must send their evidence to you in advance of any hearing.

M1

Comment

Hello m1 thank you for your last reply , I the company do court , when they notify me ( the company ( what if they don't include photos ) and if they do showing times on and off over the 3 hours , it will mean that the pictures have been fudged , I no its not got that far , but would I need to get a solicitor if this is the case , or could I defend it myself , thanks mike

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X