• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I have my file when the case has ended, is there charge for it and is there a me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I have my file when the case has ended, is there charge for it and is there a me?

Hi, Can anyone tell me if I am entitled to my case file when the case has ended? Is there a charge payable and is there a maximum they can charge me?
    Tags: None

Re: Can I have my file when the case has ended, is there charge for it and is there a

Provided the solicitors fees have all been paid, you are entitled to a copy of yor file yes
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Re: Can I have my file when the case has ended, is there charge for it and is there a

Hi, Thanks. Does anyone know how much the solicitors charge to send me the file, (not for postage), for the actual file, and is there a maximum amount?

Comment

It would be reasonable costs but you could ask for it in an electronic PDF or disc format to save costs on printing fees might usually cover admin fees of putting yor file together. The costs should really be explained in your client care letter on file retrieval.

Take a look at this link for more information on file retention and what can and cannot be disclosed to you.

https://www.pearl-scan.co.uk/images/...Guidelines.pdf
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks ROb

Originally posted by R0b View Post
          It would be reasonable costs but you could ask for it in an electronic PDF or disc format to save costs on printing fees might usually cover admin fees of putting yor file together. The costs should really be explained in your client care letter on file retrieval.

Take a look at this link for more information on file retention and what can and cannot be disclosed to you.

https://www.pearl-scan.co.uk/images/...Guidelines.pdf
          - - - Updated - - -

What would be deemed reasonable if I went in to copy certain documents myself?

Comment

Difficult to say what is deemed reasonable. Paper copies are more likely to be alot more expensive than getting a disc format or a PDF format and print out yourself.

Firms would generally charge 30-50p per page, lower end of scale for B&W and higher end for colour. If you are only seeking a couple of documents specifically you could ask for a copy of those particular documents only, it is unlikely they will let you in to make copies yourself.
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X